Hardware NVidia 9500 GT

Apollo 11

Reaction score
So, how's this card for Orbiter? I'm gonna run alot of high powe addons like SSU 1.25 , Donamy's payloads, NASSP and AMSO, and Level 10 textures. I'll be running it on a Gateway DX4831-01e Core 13 @ 2.93 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Win 7, and of course, the 9600 GT. I'm in the process of upgrading my computers. What kinds of FPS/ performance can I expect?

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Correction: It's a 9600GT, not a 9500GT, sorry for the typo.

Last edited:

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have a 9600M GS. I'm not sure what the difference between our two cards is, but I'm fairly satisfied with mine. Occasionally I do have framerate issues, but I think that's more due to Orbiter's lack of multi core support.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I have a 9600M GS. I'm not sure what the difference between our two cards is, but I'm fairly satisfied with mine. Occasionally I do have framerate issues, but I think that's more due to Orbiter's lack of multi core support.

The 9600 GT is looks much better than the 9600M GS. The 'm' stands for mobile style GPU. In my own opinion, means that they are more expensive for less power.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?cpu=GeForce+9600GT

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?cpu=GeForce+9600M+GS

I say go for it :thumbup:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I'm gonna run alot of high powe addons like SSU 1.25 , Donamy's payloads...

They are FR pigs aren't they ? :blush:

Turbinator

Reaction score
9500 GT is a really, really weak, super budget wall-mart quality version of its bigger cousins.

If you are buying this card stay away, they are meant to be instaled by OEM manufacturers on pre-made computers, you know the kind you would go in to Best Buy or any electronics store and buy.

For only $30 more you can get the 9800 GT witch is a true powerhouse performance graphics card, meant for serious performance gaming.

9500 GT is an "office computer" graphic card.

Apollo 11

Reaction score
So the 9800 Gt will run all the above addons (SSU 1.25, particuarly) well? If so, how well?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

LOL at Donamy's post. They are gorgeous, but do hog alot of frames. So, I know SSU must need a pretty powerful card to run at solid FPS at launch or at the ISS..

Niall

Eructionist
Reaction score
I use a Galaxy 9800 GT and have no difficulties at all. frame rates in excess of 30fps depending on what's being rendered. 4 GB of RAM and an older Intel LGA775 processor.

The old adage with any peripheral being to buy as far up the range as you can afford.