Surface Base New Rome

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Reaction score
dgatsoulis, can you share the "addon" on the forum ? I'd love to fly to that base :)
Here is everything you need.

Prerequisites:

1.Orcus Patera

2. D3D9 client for Orbiter 2016

2. [Optional but highly recommended] Complete Mars High Resolution Texture Set. (Don't forget to read the installation instructions).

Unzip the attached file in your Orbiter2016 folder and run the "DeltaGlider at New Rome" scenario.

:cheers:

Attachments

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Reaction score
Looks and works great! Thank you!

Now I'm waiting for the updated Arrow Freighter :salute:
Thanks for testing, glad you like it. :cheers:

Still working on the Arrow. I have most of the features that I want present.

Finished:
SC4 conversion
- Thrusters, dock ports, attachments, external animations
- VC with 2 MFDs (no working buttons)

Lua Script
- Moving attachment points with animations
- 3 working displays (Thruster levels, O2, G-load, Temperature and DNP, Systems info (bay doors, gravity wheel, gear, crew elevator, azure elevator, airlock info, lander clamp).
- Variable thrust/isp engines. (Interplanetary and Orbital engine configurations, turning it into a torch-ship).

TODO:
-Fuel Scoop
-Failures: O2, G-load, Temp, Dynamic Pressure.
-Sounds

Already meshed and animated the scoop. Needs textures and then a script.

emrys

Reaction score
New Rome in the Canyon

degatsoulis, my New Rome fell into the canyon when I loaded it. Is something not set up on my system?

Attachments

llarian

Reaction score
In your base configuration for New Rome, adjust the latitude to -5.4245 and the longitude to -79.986.

degatsoulis, my New Rome fell into the canyon when I loaded it. Is something not set up on my system?

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Reaction score
Actually the base coordinates in the zip file provided on post #1 of this thread are correct. Long: -79.99, lat: -5.43

This is where the base shows up on my end, using those coordinates:

Now that I think about it, the only difference is that I am using the Mars HRSC high-resolution package, which requires a few changes in the Config\Mars.cfg file.
The discrepancy we see here, should stem from the change in the size of Mars' radius (Size = 3.390e6 instead of the default 3.38992e6).

To fix this problem, either change the Size line in Config\Mars.cfg to 3.390e6 or move the base to the coordinates llarian suggested.

Deathbane

Reaction score
Sorry for asking, but is there a version of this that does not require an addon installed that needs UMMU?

im desperate for some mars bases, as mars complete seems knackered and ive had troubles porting it.

But at same time I don't want to load down orbiter with lots of crash prone plugins.