Request New GPCMFD

NASA1024

Reaction score
I am visioning a new GPCMFD for ShuttleFleet.

You know the computers OPS 301 functions the astronauts use onboard the space shuttle when they re-enter the earth's atmosphere. I think we should have another GPCMFD with those kind of attachments, just to make Space Shuttle Operations a bit easier. What do you say?:speakcool::)

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
AutoFCS controls the re-entry for you. In fact, the more recent releases of Shuttle Fleet include a landing table and a version of AutoFCS specifically designed for Shuttle Fleet's aerodynamics.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

You know the computers OPS 301 functions the astronauts use onboard the space shuttle when they re-enter the earth's atmosphere. I think we should have another GPCMFD with those kind of attachments, just to make Space Shuttle Operations a bit easier. What do you say?:speakcool::)

I'm beginning to wonder if you have actually read any of the documentation I provide with the Fleet. GPCMFD provides the OPS3 entry displays now...

NASA1024

Reaction score
Perhaps I wasn't specific.

I meant to say that I was visioning a more advanced GPCMFD version exactly like the ones space shuttle astronauts use. Sorry if I was offensive.

andysim

Reaction score
haha yes im pretty happy with the one on 4.2 fleet as its stable but it would be awsome to have some new features to make it more in depth. There is a good CRT with the shuttle ultra but I only use your shuttles because the shuttle ultra is just too unstable and crashes all the time. Where as v4.2 is rock solid.

It would be cool to have diffrent ops like Ops 104 and 105 for the OMS burns and things like that.

PS Ive been playing alot with Space shuttle mission 2007 and its a very indepth GPC system but its not orbiter lol. I find the sim just a little bit scripted and you only punch in the numbers and hit Exec (i guess its realistic).

NASA1024

Reaction score
It seems andysim appears to understand what I mean. A more precise and advance GPCMFD

sunshine135

All Around Good Guy
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I love the current GPC MFD along with the Guidance and Control MFD and Universal Pointing MFD. They make the Shuttle Fleet nice to fly. If anything could be added to the GPC MFD, I'd like some of the abort modes. The RTLS abort scenario would have been a lot more interesting and intuitive if you could have placed the GPC MFD into the RTLS abort mode and been able to fly the corridor. Nonetheless, for the basics of flying the shuttle, the GPC MFD OPS 1,3,4, and 6 modes are great.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Going back to your original post; please feel free to develop a new GPCMFD. Requests are great, but given that you are somewhat new here, perhaps you would do better to exhaust what the current add-ons have to offer before requesting updates and development of new add-ons. GPCMFD does all I need it to do, which is why I haven't done more with it. When I have a need to expand it, I will, but that shouldn't stop anyone from developing a more expanded version...I would welcome the help...

Dave

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Additionally to what David413 said: Can you write anything concrete about your desires? A "better" something works only in marketing, but you can't write a better add-on for orbiter only by saying it has to be better.

What do you think is needed? Where does it need to be improved? How would you do it?

Also, if Shuttle Ultra crashes all the time for you, you are very likely having problems with your installation. I know myself that SSU is a large construction yard, but it is stable enough for people to fly complete missions. "Crashes all the time" are not a common problem with SSU.

And SSM2007 is just a simple procedure trainer, no simulation (As it does not care about the switches you throw, you need to throw the right switches at the right time to proceed to the next stage of the mission - just try to do the cabin leak check earlier)