Project New Asteroid Objects and Planet Meshes

GalaxyWanderer

Reaction score
I have been working on some new asteroid and planet meshes, as those of you who saw my question thread already know. The asteroids and some of the smaller planetoids will be objects, while the biggest will be actual planets. Ok then, I might as well give you all some previews of a planet called Grath and an unnamed asteroid(name suggestions welcome).

GRATH SIDE VIEW:

GRATH UPLIFT REGION:

GRATH IMPACT BASIN:

SMALL ASTEROID SIDE 1:

SMALL ASTEROID SIDE 2: (same 'roid!)

Grath is a supermassive and structurally deficient planet, owing to a high speed asteroid impact that nearly broke the planet apart and resulted in a complete remelting of its nearly-frozen core. The entire planet is covered in rifts and ridges, with a huge impact crater on one side and a massive uplifted bulge on the opposite side. Many volcanoes have formed in the uplifted regions and the crater, and around the rifts and ridges. The entire planet has been resurfaced and is now highly unbalanced due to the shifting of mass away from the center of rotation, which causes great tidal forces to act on the planet's interior(Grath used to be tidally locked to it's primary before the impact). These tidal forces have caused a runaway reaction, as the forces heat up the mantle, causing volcanoes in the bulge to erupt and pile up even MORE materials in the bulge region, making the tidal forces even worse. Eventually, Grath will slowly tear itself apart midway between the crater and the bulge and form two new planets. Please note that Grath's surface is uncratered due to volcanic resurfacing, and that the ONLY crater that is an impact crater is the impact basin. All other craters on Grath are volcanic calderas. Even the impact basin is slowly disappearing, courtesy to the central rebound mountain-turned volcano.
In addition, I am also working on a really cool celestial oddity: a black dwarf(a cooled down white dwarf, for the confused people out there) that is lightly glowing and can be landed on. It is really neat in concept, but I am trying to figure out what kind of terrain a white/black dwarf would have. So far I am modelling it after what we know of neutron stars, so it is very dense and has a very smooth and spherical surface split into plates by narrow but deep cracks.

---------- Post added 07-09-13 at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-08-13 at 04:31 PM ----------

Two new images of the previously mentioned black dwarf. Extremely smooth surface, but creased by gigantic cracks and fissures(all terrain is modeled off what I know about neutron stars, adjusted to what I know of a white dwarf's properties, and filled in by what makes sense to me).

SIDE 1:

SIDE 2:

Last edited: