General Question NASA manned mission to Mars addon?

Clavius0712

Reaction score
Hi,

Having flown many trips to the Moon on the NASA Saturn V using AMSO, I'm now eager to simulate NASA's publicly announced plans for a manned mission to Mars. Has anyone done such an addon?

Artists impression of Mars mission vehicle:

_44267062_mars2_nasa_203.jpg

If not, are there any other realistic Mars mission vehicles? I've almost done it in the DGIV but it's not very convincing from a realism point of view.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That isn't a mars mission concept; that's a lunar mission concept.

I'm sure there are some, I'm sure others would know more about them then me.

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Try this at O-H:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2794"]Cargo Transfer Vehicles v0.95[/ame]

Then search there for author=andymc

:cheers:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi,

Having flown many trips to the Moon on the NASA Saturn V using AMSO, I'm now eager to simulate NASA's publicly announced plans for a manned mission to Mars. Has anyone done such an addon?

Artists impression of Mars mission vehicle:

_44267062_mars2_nasa_203.jpg

If not, are there any other realistic Mars mission vehicles? I've almost done it in the DGIV but it's not very convincing from a realism point of view.
That's not a Mars vehicle. What you're seeing there is the Earth Depature Stage(EDS), the Lunar Surface Access Module(LSAM) and Crew Exploration Vehicle ahead of the TLI burn.

All part of the Constellation program(CxP).

Clavius0712

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all your replies. I got that pic off an internet news report so they must have used the wrong picture - or were possibly being optimistic that something based on the Constellation project would be used for Mars also (which might not be that unlikely).

I downloaded and installed the "Mars For Less" files and have had some success with them, although some scenarios failed to load and crashed Orbiter. Also, I got a ".\flightplans\gpsdef_Mars.cfg file missing" message from Autopilot MFD when running the lander missions. Does anyone know if this is normal or if I should have this file?

Having read some more tonight about the Ares I, Ares V, Orion and Altair craft, I'm keen to see these in Orbiter too, so I'm off to hit the search button right after posting this!

Thanks once again.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score