NASA announces news conference on "an astrobiology finding", 2nd of December

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk
NASA once also had Sally Ride

First US-woman in space (even though we're all in space ofcourse)!!! I didn't even know that before reading the wiki about her after Urwumpe mentioned her name here :) How many of you guys actually new that she was the first US-woman in space? I feel embarrassed for not knowing this actually. I don't think many people in the US actually knows this, so so much for feminism being equally represented in the hall of fame.

Sally Ride, first American lady in space. Cool :tiphat:

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Science Now: Exclusive Interview: Discoverer of Arsenic Bacteria, in the Eye of the Storm:
{...}

A highly critical blog post by Rosie Redfield, a microbiologist at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, quickly drew hundreds of comments, many also finding fault with the study. Wolfe-Simon and her co-author Ronald Oremland then came under attack by journalists when they declined to respond to media calls for a response to these comments. On 16 December, the authors posted responses to some of the issues, and Science will publish technical comments and responses in early 2011. In the meantime, Wolfe-Simon agreed to share some of her thoughts in an interview with Science's news department, which covered the original finding in early December.

{...}

(READ THE INTERVIEW)

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
First US-woman in space (even though we're all in space ofcourse)!!! I didn't even know that before reading the wiki about her after Urwumpe mentioned her name here :) How many of you guys actually new that she was the first US-woman in space? I feel embarrassed for not knowing this actually. I don't think many people in the US actually knows this, so so much for feminism being equally represented in the hall of fame.

Sally Ride, first American lady in space. Cool :tiphat:
Fixed, the Russians beat you to it in the 60s.

Darren