OHM Moonbase Vessel Update 2

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: bensisko

For Moonbase Alpha 101027v1.5

Unzip Moonbase Vessel Update 2 to the location of your Moonbase Alpha 101027v1.5 folder. Be sure to preserve the directory structure of the package (for example, in WinZip this re-quires activating the “Use Folder Names” option).

Moonbase Vessel Update 2
  • Updates Eagle making it a refuelable vessel
  • Resolves Main Hangar crane attachment and movement issues
  • Resolves Main Hangar crane rail animation
  • Adds Fuelbuggy
  • Adds Refueling Eagle
  • Adds Refueling Freighter
  • Adds Notes utility support for Fuelbuggy Refueling Eagle Refueling Freighter and Hangar Operations
  • Corrects Notes utility for Falcon and Mark IX Hawk
  • Creates fuel farm in Eagle Hangar
  • Updates Operations Manual

DOWNLOAD

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
In further testing the Moonbase Vessel Update 2 we've found that the Eaglefuel vessel does not attach to the Main Hangar crane. We've also noted animation errors in the Main Hangar's crane rail action. The attached Moonbase Vessel Update 2 Patch resolves the Eagle's crane attachment issue (Unzip Moonbase Vessel Update 2 Patch to the location of your Moonbase Alpha 101027v1.5 folder). This will be updated in the package at Orbit Hangar. The crane rail action will be addressed in a later package. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Attachments

• Moonbase Vessel Update 2 Patch.zip
    485 bytes · Views: 27

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Attached, is the patch to correct Eagle Hangar crane rail animation and resolve crane action when approaching Pad 2. (Unzip Eagle Hangar Patch to the location of your Moonbase Alpha 101027v1.5 folder). This patch will also be incorporated into the Moonbase Vessel Update 2 package at Orbit Hangar.

Attachments

• Eagle Hangar Patch.zip
    155.2 KB · Views: 12

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Just noticed an attachment issue with Pad 2 at the Eaglehangar. Vessels sink slightly into the landing pad when attached and the crane/pad attachment alignment is a bit off. Copy this new EAGLEHANGAR2.dll into your Orbiter\Modules folder. It corrects these issues. The attached Eaglehangar.cfg updates the VOR's for the main hangar's pads to allow a more accurate approach to the landing pads. Copy this new Eaglehangar.cfg into your Orbiter\Config\Moon\Base folder. The new module and config will be updated in the package at Orbit Hangar.

Attachments

• New Eaglehangar Config & dll.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Pale Hearse

Reaction score
Hey,
Is there a way to edit the eagle's parameters?
I'm looking to add a retro functionality and do a slight increase to the RCS thrust.

I'm finding that due to the lack of any kind of retro thrust at all, breaking from moderate thrust maneuvers is far slower then it should be. The eagle doesn't have THAT much hover time. (grin)

Also.. are there any plans to incorporate an opening nose for docking at the front?

Great work on the Moonbase addon .. it's fantastic.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. not really. At one point I was working on so the specs could be read from a cfg. But couldn't get it to work.

on the nose cone. not opening but a dock could be added in the cfg.

Hey,
Is there a way to edit the eagle's parameters?
I'm looking to add a retro functionality and do a slight increase to the RCS thrust.

I'm finding that due to the lack of any kind of retro thrust at all, breaking from moderate thrust maneuvers is far slower then it should be. The eagle doesn't have THAT much hover time. (grin)

Also.. are there any plans to incorporate an opening nose for docking at the front?

Great work on the Moonbase addon .. it's fantastic.

Pale Hearse

Reaction score
Thanks. not really. At one point I was working on so the specs could be read from a cfg. But couldn't get it to work.

on the nose cone. not opening but a dock could be added in the cfg.

Thanks.. The Eagle does already dock at the nose.. so all good there.

I did notice that the Ultra Probe's thrust seems too low. I would love to use it, but currently it doesn't have enough RCS thrust for the auto pilot to work and they would struggle to keep it pointed prograde IF the Ultra actually got enough thrust for it to matter :lol:.

Tried a burn to the moon and after about 15 minutes of burn I was out to 3,000km. Either the ship is way too heavy, or the engines need a bit more poop.
The thing looks fantastic though.. and after learning how to dock the CM I was really looking forward to taking her for a spin around the block... but couldn't seem to get her out of first gear.

Great stuff though.. and thanks so much for making an Ultra Probe with a detachable CM.