Flight Question Moon to ISS direct

crisk73

Reaction score
After performing some basic attempt to reach the Moon and Mars, now the challenge is getting to the ISS directly from the Moon with my XR2. The problem is I don't know how to set up or predict the LAN, in addition to EqI and PeA in the IMFD Planet approach program, to be aligned with ISS orbit at the end of the transfer. Ok, I can align planes during transfer when still far from Earth SOI, but in any case it's too fuel expensive, so I wanted to know if any strategy or a more efficient method exists.
:thankyou:
cris

Last edited:

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I recorded a video series earlier this year and have been posting it to my youtube channel 1 part per week. In the video series I went from KSC up to the ISS, from the ISS to the moon, from the moon to the ISS (direct), and then from the ISS back to KSC.

I just posted the moon to ISS set up portion yesterday. (using TransX) I learned this method from flytandem.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I recorded a video series earlier this year and have been posting it to my youtube channel 1 part per week. In the video series I went from KSC up to the ISS, from the ISS to the moon, from the moon to the ISS (direct), and then from the ISS back to KSC.

I just posted the moon to ISS set up portion yesterday. (using TransX) I learned this method from flytandem.

Orbiter 2010 - [Part 7] From the Earth to the Moon and back again - YouTube

Awesome video ! Can you do that with the Jason lander ? Also, in our next lives on a spaceship, you can be the navigator.:lol:

crisk73

Reaction score

Orbiter 2010 - [Part 7] From the Earth to the Moon and back again - YouTube

Thank you David for the great video. I'm a fan of your series!:thumbup:
I can't use TransX though, so is there a way to manage the flight with IMFD?
Thanks.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
yeah. Just when you are setting up your mid course correction, boot up the target intercept program and target the ISS and mess with the times until you get a burn solution that is easy on the dV.

zerda81

Reaction score
Wichtige Informationen und Ratschläge für die Selektion einer geeigneten SEO Agentur finden Sie kostenlos SEO Agentur Auswahl-Checkliste. Suchmaschinenoptimierung und SEO Optimierung von Experten!
Suchmaschinenwerbung - Agentur für Suchmaschinenoptimierung

Last edited: