General Question Module order listing

Rick Schaefer

Reaction score
Aloha fellow orbinauts. I was hoping someone can give me a hand with a question. I have several modules that I use ALL the time (transx, BTC, etc) and some I don't use so often. It seems that Orbiter loads them up in the MFDs based on the filename and not based on the order they are listed in the .cfg file. Is there a way to overide this so I can display my modules on the MFD by order of frequently used rather than by filename? Mahalo in advance for any help

-Rick

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
From my observations here (sorry, it's in Italian):

http://www.tuttovola.org/index.php?topic=5796.0

Orbiter has its in-built list of standard MFDs (Orbit, Align, Surface, Sync, etc...) which is not customizable. These MFDs will always show at the top and in that order. Their name and order is hard-coded in Orbiter, and not in a cfg file.

Every other MFD (and other active modules, as well) will appear in the relevant cfg file:
- orbiter.cfg for the plain Orbiter.exe
- orbiter_NG.cfg if you use a graphics client

Changing the order of your modules in those files will change the priority listing in the MFDs.

Note that some of those lines are "system" modules, like ExtMFD, ScnEditor, D3D9Client, etc.
I don't think that changing their order actually does something, as it's the case for the MFDs.

Last edited:

Rick Schaefer

Reaction score
Whew! Been 20 yrs since I took spanish/Italian in highschool! Ha Thank goodness for google translate. Thanx for the link.

-Rick