Gaming Minecraft screenshots

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
instead of ore yo can also put sand (for glass) or porkchop (for cooked porkchop) or coblestoone (for normal stone) into the upper place in a furnance.

tip: you only need 2/3 as much wood as ore/sand/porkchop/cobblesone
I think wood is better, because I have more thn enough of it, while coal is valuable and nnecessary for torches. (for far not as valuable as any ore/redtone/etc..., but more than wood or cobblestone)
Just burn some wood into charcoal; you've been able to do that for a few beta versions now. :shrug:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
instead of ore yo can also put sand (for glass) or porkchop (for cooked porkchop) or coblestoone (for normal stone) into the upper place in a furnance.

tip: you only need 2/3 as much wood as ore/sand/porkchop/cobblesone
I think wood is better, because I have more thn enough of it, while coal is valuable and nnecessary for torches. (for far not as valuable as any ore/redtone/etc..., but more than wood or cobblestone)
:facepalm:

Burning wood as fuel in a furnace is a total waste of time. If you absolutely have nothing other than wood, first turn one log into wooden planks, then use 1 plank to turn 1 log into 1 charcoal.

Use that charcoal to turn 8 more logs into charcoal.

You can now smelt an entire stack of material, and you've only used 9.25 logs (given that you have 3 leftover planks, too).

If you use logs directly, it would take 43 logs to smelt a stack of something. If you turn them into planks first, it would take 11 logs.

Also, since you can turn wood into charcoal, I don't really get why coal is valuable--if you have a ton of wood, then you have a ton of coal.

Given how common coal is and how big the coal veins are when you find them, I usually end up with a couple stacks of coal after any cave-exploring expedition, even after making several stacks of torches.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You can use PayPal to pay using your card and without the need for an account, that's what I did.

Just transferred funds into my Paypal. Once the transfer is complete, will be purchasing.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
not a screensot actually, but something about minecraft I want to show:

I made some logical-bricks
so you can build even a small computer or microcontroller for your minecraft-machines (still working on a minecraft-monitor)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just transferred funds into my Paypal. Once the transfer is complete, will be purchasing.

Geez, not expected to clear the transfer until tomorrow.

Once the transition of our bank is complete, I plan on linking my card to avoid such delays. (Bank failed, assumed by another local bank).

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
My latest minecraft works:
A small castle (well, just 4 walls really):
6047067561_bc5dff9c80.jpg

1 Byte of Memory:
6047069209_60f9a11dc5.jpg

which isn't much use on its own, so:
8 Bytes of Memory:
6047621128_99a76444b4.jpg

All view-able in glorious 1680x1080 res on my flikr Photostream!

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Purchase complete. Must. Finish. Cortez. Before playing...

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
I can store and retrieve numbers up to 255. But you have to run around looking at each byte of memory to read it. And you have to run around with torches to each byte to write to it. Each Byte's inputs and outputs are collected at the wall on the bottom of the picture, so its not too bad, but if the memory array was any bigger, it would start getting very annoying.

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
It stores information. What else does memory do? ;)

Well, i kinda figured that memory stores information...duh. :p

But what i was asking is what was he storing, which already answered:

I can store and retrieve numbers up to 255. But you have to run around looking at each byte of memory to read it. And you have to run around with torches to each byte to write to it. Each Byte's inputs and outputs are collected at the wall on the bottom of the picture, so its not too bad, but if the memory array was any bigger, it would start getting very annoying.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Also worth noting I can only store 8 numbers, and yes, I did build the first byte, then copy and pasted it in MCEdit to create the rest. If anyone wants the schematic file for a byte of memory, say so and I'll see about uploading it somewhere.

Columbia42

Reaction score
Wasn't there some guy who created a calculator in minecraft like that?

EDIT: actually I just did a YouTube search and there are many minecraft calculators that people have built.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a good texture pack? Good map mod?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My "Instant Infinite Obsidian Generator." Happened upon the perfect circumstances. With water flowing just to the right, I placed redstone dust in the hole in front of me. Scooped up lava, dumped it in the hole and presto, an instant block of obsidian, which appears above the hole. After mining the obsidian, the redstone remains, so all I have to do is scoop up some more lava and pour it in the hole. Lather, rinse, repeat as needed. :)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
My "Instant Infinite Obsidian Generator." Happened upon the perfect circumstances. With water flowing just to the right, I placed redstone dust in the hole in front of me. Scooped up lava, dumped it in the hole and presto, an instant block of obsidian, which appears above the hole. After mining the obsidian, the redstone remains, so all I have to do is scoop up some more lava and pour it in the hole. Lather, rinse, repeat as needed. :)
So, what's actually happening here is that the lava source block is being placed above the hole (since the "hole" is occupied by the redstone) and then, since it's a lave source block being touched by water, it turns to obsidian. I think you can replace that hole with anything (even a solid block) and it'll still work.

It's not actually infinite, because you need to consume lava to make it. You might as well just dump water on the lava lake (although then you have to be careful when mining the obsidian--I usually just stick water in an empty space next to where i'm mining, so it'll turn any exposed lava into obsidian) :)

There is a way to make obsidian using redstone as the only consumable--if flowing lava ends up adjacent to water, it normally turns into cobblestone, unless the square which would turn to cobblestone is occupied by redstone, in which case the redstone is consumed and an obsidian block takes its place. Can be good if you have a ton of redstone and/or are short on lava and/or want to do a big building project in-place, since you can carry a lot more redstone than lava.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So, what's actually happening here is that the lava source block is being placed above the hole (since the "hole" is occupied by the redstone) and then, since it's a lave source block being touched by water, it turns to obsidian. I think you can replace that hole with anything (even a solid block) and it'll still work.

It's not actually infinite, because you need to consume lava to make it. You might as well just dump water on the lava lake (although then you have to be careful when mining the obsidian--I usually just stick water in an empty space next to where i'm mining, so it'll turn any exposed lava into obsidian) :)

Makes sense. Also explains why the redstone isn't consumed.

The lava lake doesn't seem to be diminishing in size, that's where I came up with the 'infinite' part. The two squares of lava just to the left and ahead of where I'm standing in the screenshot are flowing lava. Getting lava from there in the bucket doesn't seem to be changing the flow or the lake.

I have seen the videos on YT showing the redstone generators, so I understand how those work. Just thought I had stumbled on something. Thanks for setting me straight. :thumbup:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Makes sense. Also explains why the redstone isn't consumed.

The lava lake doesn't seem to be diminishing in size, that's where I came up with the 'infinite' part. The two squares of lava just to the left and ahead of where I'm standing in the screenshot are flowing lava. Getting lava from there in the bucket doesn't seem to be changing the flow or the lake.

I have seen the videos on YT showing the redstone generators, so I understand how those work. Just thought I had stumbled on something. Thanks for setting me straight. :thumbup:
Well, when you "attack" a lava lake with a bucket, what you're actually doing is taking a lava source block out--if the lava lake is deep enough, this may not be noticeable at first, but if you keep doing it it'll go away eventually.

In theory. It is, after all, a beta :thumbup: