Problem MFDs are hard to read

jlivermore

Reaction score
In Orbiter 2010, the control panel in the Delta Glider all fits on the screen, but the MFDs are hard to read. The text looks very pixelated, as if it did not scale up properly. The rest of the panel and the scenery looks fine.

I tried changing the panel scale in the launchpad, but it did not help the MFD resolution.

When I used Orbiter 2006, I had to scroll to see the whole panel, but everything was very readable.

Any thoughts?

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Ummm. There's something wrong with your pic links. Every time I try to open one the link tries to take me to my own gallery.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Roll the mouse wheel forwards. The panel will zoom in and the MFDs will be larger.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I don't have a mouse wheel, but even zooming from Firefox's menu doesn't make them any bigger.

I was talking to the OP, meaning that he should do that inside Orbiter. Unless you've perfected a Firefox Orbiter addon I don't think your comment makes sense.

jlivermore

Reaction score
Let's see if I can get the right pics inserted here....

I tried the mouse wheel, it has no effect on the display.

mfd.JPG

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Ummm, YUCK! I see what you mean. I'd say check your screen rez first.

Keatah

Reaction score
yep, seen it all before, check your screen res, anti-aliasing, and especially the panel scale. try something like 1.34 or 1 or .89 or 1.28 or 1.16 as some test numbers, let me know.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Have you tried running Orbiter in full-screen mode?

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was talking to the OP, meaning that he should do that inside Orbiter. Unless you've perfected a Firefox Orbiter addon I don't think your comment makes sense.
Oh...I feel really dumb now...:embarrassed:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I see the same thing when running the D3D7 client on my desktop @ home, regardless of screen res, panel scale, AA settings, etc. OGLA or the stock Orbiter2010 graphics seem to give me a better result on that machine.

Is this with the stock Orbiter2010, and what resolution are you using?

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I see the same thing when running the D3D7 client on my desktop @ home, regardless of screen res, panel scale, AA settings, etc. OGLA or the stock Orbiter2010 graphics seem to give me a better result on that machine.

Is this with the stock Orbiter2010, and what resolution are you using?

same here...
MFDs get severely blurry with OGLA.... i'm still using stock graphics because of that:rolleyes:

jlivermore

Reaction score
I installed the stock Orbiter 2010 from the web. Screen is at 1280 x 1024, I believe the initial Orbiter settings matched this when I first started it up.

I'll play around with the settings a little more. I tried increasing the panel scale but it did not improve the MFDs at all. Tried full screen, no improvement.

Keatah

Reaction score
I installed the stock Orbiter 2010 from the web. Screen is at 1280 x 1024, I believe the initial Orbiter settings matched this when I first started it up.

I'll play around with the settings a little more. I tried increasing the panel scale but it did not improve the MFDs at all. Tried full screen, no improvement.

have you tried 1.25?

jlivermore

Reaction score
My mouse wheel would not scale the control panel when in the panel view, either. The MFDs look uniformly bad in either view.

Keatah

Reaction score
My mouse wheel would not scale the control panel when in the panel view, either. The MFDs look uniformly bad in either view.

I was not aware that the mouse wheel should scale the panel, it doesn't on my config.

Keatah

Reaction score
First pictures he'd posted were of the 2D panel.

Yes I think we're trying to troubleshoot the 2-d cockpit right?

another random suggestion I pulled outta my a.. try changing the dektop color depth and/or enable disable the pageflip .. Otherwise I'm out of ideas though I'll be following this thread. and I thought video problems were my area of expertise.