May be over my head, but I don't know

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I was thinking. Since I have many ICBMs. It is so easy to launch them and etc, but what about another factor. Why not try for Air Defense? How hard would it be to make an Air Defense rocket that can track the ship pretty accurately or so and collide with it? I just don't know how hard this would be.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
AFAIK Urwumpe is working on such thing. It will include Spartan and Sprint missile

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Oh great. That would be so fun to use. Now everyone can shoot down my warheads. Lol.

Vanguard

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
From a coding point of view, the collision detection and deleting the instances upon collision and issuing a message of success wouldn't be too much of a problem. The complexity is in the algorithm, which brings up an interesting idea... and Urwumpe, perhaps you can work this in to your existing design:

It would be nice to have a generic missile coded with the collision detection, etc, however have the algorithm programmable by the user. This would allow for a variety of ideas. For one, peeps can test out different ideas and concepts, and furthermore we could have a bit of a competition, using a variety of scenarios to test out and compare/evaluate each one.

The algorithm could be read in using some form of parser, given certain variables for the user to work with, i.e. various vectors to the target, etc, which then drives a vector change for the rocket/missile.

Just a thought...
Vangaurd

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I wish there really was that orbiter MFD that's in someone's signature so that I could pass the time between correction burns by playing orbiter.

ACTUALLY what I REALLY wish there were is some kind of simple cellphone/PDA/DS orbiter lite kind of thing so that I could fly on the go. maybe just 4 crafts to choose from. earth/moon only, or something like that. 5 earth bases level 5 texture... sigh :idk:

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

sorry for changing subject. so there is a tracking missle to use somewhere?