General Question Max number of SC3 vessels?

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was trying to load a scenario containing lots of my Lunar Transfer System add-ons and Orbiter kept crashing when it tried to load the Lunar Orbit Station.

No matter what I did I couldn't fix it, remove all MFD addons, doublecheck the scen file for typos, etc.

Then I remembered that there was supposedly a limit on the number of spacecraft3 vessels in a scenario. With all those addons I realized I was running 7 sc3 vessels in this scenario.

Sure enough, removing any one of the sc3 vessels fixes the problem. So I remove one that wasn't being used for now and soldiered on.

So my question is, is 7 the magic number?

That seems awful low. It also cramps my style, since I was planning to expand my operations at some point, and sc3 vessels would figure big in my plans.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The manual says 10, but I have seen up to 30 in one scenario... (Greg Burch knows ;) )

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The manual says 10, but I have seen up to 30 in one scenario... (Greg Burch knows ;) )

I recently made a large space station from SSBB, but now I hit a wall. Any time I save the scenario, at least two blocks get misplaced... One of the DeltaGliders is docked somewhere else - inside the station - and one of the modules get separated and starts to free float. Turns out it's placed some 24 km away from the station.

Though I would say the number of objects in my scenario is quite larger then 30......

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In addition to 7 sc3 vessels, I also had a Dragonfly and several config-file-based vessels as well.