Gaming Mass Effect 3

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Journeyman Project. I remember playing that first one with a friend, and how much fun we had. That brings back great memories.

As for Dragon Age, it just wasn't for me. The gameplay just wasn't something I liked. I am not a pure RPG player, so it was like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

@werdnaforever
I agree with yourposts. The game is just a mess. It was still fun for the most part, but when I sit back and look at it, it is a mess. And I will eat my right arm if it wins GOTY. Especially when we still have the new Bioshock, and the new Assassins Creed being released later this year.

Bioware just is not the same outfit since being swallowed up by EA games. No matter what they claimed, their process changed big time. They were clearly driven to release on a certain date, and the game really could have used a few more months of work. They should have just dropped the date back to October, (even that might not be enough time however to fix the ending, assuming they would even want to anyway)

Bioware just doesnt mean anything to me anymore. I bought Dragon Age only because it was Bioware. Like I said, it wasn't my sort of thing. I didnt even touch DA2, which I hear was as bad as ME3, and now this, and their response to this. Oh well. So long Shepard, wish we could have known the character you were meant to be. Before EA showed up.

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Journeyman Project. I remember playing that first one with a friend, and how much fun we had. That brings back great memories.

As for Dragon Age, it just wasn't for me. The gameplay just wasn't something I liked. I am not a pure RPG player, so it was like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

@werdnaforever
I agree with yourposts. The game is just a mess. It was still fun for the most part, but when I sit back and look at it, it is a mess. And I will eat my right arm if it wins GOTY. Especially when we still have the new Bioshock, and the new Assassins Creed being released later this year.

Bioware just is not the same outfit since being swallowed up by EA games. No matter what they claimed, their process changed big time. They were clearly driven to release on a certain date, and the game really could have used a few more months of work. They should have just dropped the date back to October, (even that might not be enough time however to fix the ending, assuming they would even want to anyway)

Bioware just doesnt mean anything to me anymore. I bought Dragon Age only because it was Bioware. Like I said, it wasn't my sort of thing. I didnt even touch DA2, which I hear was as bad as ME3, and now this, and their response to this. Oh well. So long Shepard, wish we could have known the character you were meant to be. Before EA showed up.

Thanks!

I think this brings up an important point:

Electronic Arts is under Reaper control! No wonder!

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
That's the thing- it's not necessarily a happy ending. It's either way.

By the end of the game, all I wanted to do was to blow those reapers to the center of a black hole. And then came the ending. It was the most disappointing thing ever.

A happy ending would have worked here- especially since it's not the only ending. It wouldn't be unreasonable for things to work out in the end. It's a game- if you do a good job completing it, the reward should be proportional to this. If you do a horrible job, then Shepard should fail.

None of the reasons the Reapers have for their extinction cycles make sense, except for any gains in technology. If this is what they want, why don't they build a gigantic computer system to think of these ideas? Why go through the trouble of all this killing! The reapers, by killing off all advanced life, are invoking chaos themselves. Oh, by the way reapers, this latest cycle had organics and synthetics working together to try and stop your stupid cycles.

Besides, what difference does it make if there's chaos? What difference does it make whether new life can form?

The Reapers are antagonists. Their reasoning is cliched. They are there because the story requires it. Any reason anyone could give me for their actions will be questionable, especially when you consider the meaninglessness of the universe itself. (No, it's more than an opinion...)

Happy endings are not bad things when used appropriately. People tend to forget this sometimes. A happy ending would work well here, especially after the countless thousands of years that the reapers were wreaking havoc.

:)

How was the ending not happy?
Two of the endings mean that the war and cycles come to an end (i have not played the other ending yet so i cant comment on it.) and advanced life lives on.

As for the Reapers actions, could it simply be that we are not able to (or meant to) understand their reasoning. Who are we to say how a being of the age and knowledge of a reaper could reason.

I found that one of the good things about the endings, is that it is a true ending for the franchise, most stories have an ending that allows for the story to continue if the author wants to continue at a later date.

Polaris

Reaction score
I've already found a way to deal with the endings before reaching them- "It's just a show/I should really just relax."

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I thought the ending was ok, and by being original, they avoided the minefield of 'Waaaaah, it was to much like...'

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I thought the ending was ok, and by being original, they avoided the minefield of 'Waaaaah, it was to much like...'

They just stepped into the minefield of "Waah, it sucks!".

paddyb270

Reaction score
If you watch this, it'll change the way you view the ending...trust me. I did like the ending, but this makes it even more mindboggling

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That is an amazing video. It is so well done, and is so comprehensive covering what IT (Indocrination Theory) is all about.

I however still just cannot believe it is the final intent of the developers. It seems to me, from what I have learned on the developement of ME3, that at one point it was the intention to have Shepard become indoctinated at the end, right before the climax of the game. However, it was removed, and the resulting evidence we have for IT is Bioware unable, either by time and/or money, to scrub the game of all the forshadowing they laid for that particular plot point.

However, I find it still the only way I can accept the ending to any degree to muster up a second playthrough with my Renegade Shepard. Without the idea that it is all in his mind, the ending is just too stong a kick in the nuts for me to take for a second time.

And I should add, that video of above is MASSIVE SPOILERS. If you have not finished the game yet, and want to be kept in suspense over what the ending is, DO NOT WATCH IT.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
it is DLC, but it is free. At least for a few years. Some hint that after two years, it may not be free anymore.

More details are sure to be announced tomorrow at PAX.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
it is DLC, but it is free.

Not quite. On PC, you need an Origin account to download it. That's almost as good as selling your soul... :chainsaw:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Not quite. On PC, you need an Origin account to download it. That's almost as good as selling your soul... :chainsaw:

How true. And how I hate Origin.... Have you heard that people doing edits to the config files purely for single player purposes are getting banned from Origin? :thumbsdown:

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
How true. And how I hate Origin.... Have you heard that people doing edits to the config files purely for single player purposes are getting banned from Origin? :thumbsdown:

Got a source for this? That sounds like something EA would do...

Keatah

Reaction score
Online play for games purchased used is being systematically killed by the industry. I'm not sure if EA or Activision did it first, but within the next year or two you won't be able to play any used game online without buying a pass. The whole industry is dragging us into an account-based world where all your games are permanently tied to one account that can be banned or deleted at any time for any reason with no refund.

Within 5 years they may succeed in killing the entire used games industry by simply mandating that all games be registered to one account and unplayable on any other account. It's all done in the name of "convenience" or "preventing piracy", but it's all about money. They don't want anyone to be able to enjoy their products for less than $60, or $100 in ME3's case when you pay for all the content EA hacked out of it.

I always conduct my gaming around off-line capability first. I don't get into anything that 100% requires an online connection. If a game 100% needs internet capability to play, then I simply don't play it. I don't give a rat's ass how epic it is or isn't.

There are so many classic games (and recent titles too) to go through - so much that I feel I have a lifetime supply as it is! Orbiter can take hours and weeks to work through some missions in and of itself!

Keeping up with gaming can be a 100% life consuming endeavor. Is it worth it? Prolly not..

Indeed, reviewers haven't been trustworthy since Gamespot started canning people for badmouthing their ad-buying customer's products.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/50134/report-gamespots-gerstmann-fired-due

I rarely read reviews, and if I do it;s to find out something specific about a game or bit of software. I always form my own opinion of it myself. I know straight away that reviews are biased. And this article proves it again by getting rid of someone that was possibly telling the truth or whatever. Either way, it shows that reviews must be say certain things and the content must not be negative. How can you fully trust a review? You can't..

Thats an....impressive wall of text...

Crap.. that's nothing you should see some of my posts!

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
The only thing wrong about ME3 ending is that its style is so discording with the whole game idea of shooting your way through all problems with a gun as big as possible and having talks with different people including aliens about how their parents have srewed their lives. Were it another game's ending with less guns involved it would be just fine. The biggest disappointment about ME3 was that it was unable to import my ME1/ME2 character's appearance because of unknown reason and what I've managed to recreate manually was looking too much like Brad Pitt...:facepalm:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
They did release the first patch for ME3 yesterday (at least it was yesterday for PC). Supposedly the face issue is fixed now (2nd week of April, and they finally fixed something that should never had gotten out of beta testing........dopes)

The ME3 panel at PAX was quite the botch job. I recommend going to your favoirte gaming site (as long as it is not IGN) and try to gauge for yourself what happened there. It is quite something.

Polaris

Reaction score
ME3 Updates:

Mass Effect 3 has managed to sell me on the idea of multiplayer, and I have found ME3's multiplayer to be a massive time sink.

Beat Rannoch- There's nothing more awesome than killing a Reaper on foot! Plus, I got the quarians and geth to get along.

And as for my plans of what to do upon reaching the endings: Repeat to myself "it's just a show, I should really just relax."