Mars Colony simulator- another reason why PC better than consoles!

thedubman

Reaction score
I came across a Mars colonising simulator for the PC, been hacking about on mars surface, drilling, sampling, creating O2,fixing broken equipment, getting lost in storms ete etc-
All the best games are indy games! have a look- http://www.hyperkat.com/

the hours i spend trolling the internet looking for obscure things! all hail the PC and its obvious bonus of proper internet search and versability:)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Checking it out, but currently it seems to be just a demo, and it has some similarities to another demo game I have on my HD.

In terms of complexity, nothing will ever beat Mars Simulation project, though...

thedubman

Reaction score
Yes very true, I like the Mars simulation project, reminds me of Mars Trilogy (kim stanley robinson red mars/green mars/blue mars brilliant books) and renforces my argument that PC better than console!!

this sim, is like 1st steps- and surviving can be difficult, has a lot of suprises in it and is atmospheric- !! It is quite complex, and keeps u on ur toes I have done multiplayer with it and is great fun!! btw what would the other demo game which is simular u mean race to mars? if so yes it is simular-but different :)

atuhalpa

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Urwumpe, I downloaded Mars simulation project but I haven't the foggiest idea how to run it. I have a lot of win.rar files but i could find no exe. or jars.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Urwumpe, I downloaded Mars simulation project but I haven't the foggiest idea how to run it. I have a lot of win.rar files but i could find no exe. or jars.

You have likely the problem that WinRar assumed ownership of the .jar file type. It is just a special version of a ZIP file. Marsproject.jar is the one you want to run.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You have likely the problem that WinRar assumed ownership of the .jar file type. It is just a special version of a ZIP file. Marsproject.jar is the one you want to run.

You'll also need the java runtime, if you don't already have it.

thedubman

Reaction score
Mars ColonyETS continues mission..

Since last post, a testing on Mars Colony simulator mission 2 was completed and was a great success! Thx to the other players out on the surface there:)

joiz

Reaction score
which one of the many javae apps do I use to run it? i have no idea!