Project Looking for bodies for my PlutoSys

cristiapi

Reaction score
I've finally wrote an efficient implementation to simulate the motion of Pluto and its 5 moons.
I'd like to publish it because afaik it's the only accurate simulation for Pluto system, so far.

I only wrote the DLLs and I need the textures and the meshes for the bodies.

I found the very beautiful "Pluto and Moons" by "Piper" and other packages, but I don't know whether I can arbitrarily include the packages in my distribution. I tried to contact the authors, but I got no reply.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Yes.
List Piper's add-on as a requirement, but to not include his files in your distribution.

cristiapi

Reaction score
The problem is that Piper's package doesn't include neither Kerberos nor Styx, hence another package needs to be added to the simulation.
For me, it's much simpler to publish only the DLLs and the configuration files, but for the final user it could be very complicated to build a working simulation.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Here you go, also by Piper:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1436"]MPC Database Asteroid Viewer and Exporter v2.0.3[/ame]

This should have meshes and textures. IIRC, it was a tool meant for add-on developers, so you may be able to release these in your add-on. But check the permissions to be sure.

cristiapi

Reaction score
Unfortunately it doesn't run on my pc (DLL missing), but if I correctly understand, that program is mainly useful to create the configuration file for a body.
What I really need are free textures and meshes.

Anyway, thank you very much for your support.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
No, the textures and meshes come in the package.

cristiapi

Reaction score
I see 5 textures and 10 meshes. Perhaps I could use them without any problem; in the "read me" I don't see any license restriction.