OHM Little Joe & Beach Abort

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: 4th rock

Little Joe & Beach Abort Development Resources

Meshes, Multistage 2015 configurations and scenarios for those wanting to get into Orbiter addon development.

The rockets are functional but rough, to provide room for simple "novice" fixes.

(These resources are free to (re)use on your Orbiter addons)

DOWNLOAD

Gothmog

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed this addon and it runs well in v2016. I'm especially pleased that some developers are upgrading more historic spacecraft add-ons to this version. However, I notice that, during the powered flight phase, the spacecraft rotates to a normal prograde position meaning that the pilot is sitting sideways with respect to the ground. When running this scenario I find it awkward to orient myself this way, since suborbital flight is slightly more like terrestrial aviation, when the pilot is always seated more or less horizontally with respect to the ground.

Is there a way to prevent this roll program from operating? I have played around with the guidance and scenario files but don't see where the roll program is being called. If it is baked into the ALT_STEPS, do you know if there is a way to simply skip those and script my own roll program call? (Or not...)

Last edited:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
The roll comes from the guidance:

-1=engine(0,100,1)
0=engine(100,100,0.1)
1=spin(1)
45=engine(100,100,1)
46=Jettison()
47=engine(100,100,1)

It's supposed to be like that. Little Joe is an unguided rocket, and it uses aerodynamic to induce a spin for stabilization.

The flight is unmanned, so it doesn't matter much which way the capsule is facing.
But perhaps you can rotate the payload (capsule) using the Multistage2015 editor ?

Last edited: