OHM Launch MFD - v. 1.6.6 for Orbiter 2016

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
I'd say because it would appear the Northbound launch window has passed.
Yes, that is exactly the reason. LaunchMFD will chose the north/southbound azimuths based on the next available window. As soon as the orbital plane of the ISS passes over to you (in it's westward direction) the launch azimuth will switch and the time-to-next-launch timer will reset to the next orbital alignment.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
It's because the MFD is meant to be used for precise launches. That scenario would be far from it, but as scurvydog said, you can override it.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Thanks for your comment :)

You can deactivate the AP the same way as you've activated it, but what makes me wonder is that it should deactivate itself automatically when your ship reaches the orbit (Time to MECO <= 0). Doesn't it do it?

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
I've just realised what's happening, it did cancel itself! :yes:

I just thought it hadn't because I couldn't accelerate to more than x100 time, but there was an Arrow vessel in the scenario that was on Prograde autopilot (which locks the time acceleration).

I hadn't noticed, and was rather too hasty with the "it doesn't work" moaning... :uhh:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, still a favorite ! :thumbup:

Keatah

Reaction score
Quick sound bug report ( I didn't troubleshoot anything yet )
This is how I got it:

1- Start a basic scenario, anything, like takeoff from the cape with xr-2.

2- Select Launch MFD by jamming on [SEL] and hit the [SND] button on the MFD itself. And the sounds in "C:\Program Files\1_Orbiter_2010\Sound\LaunchMFDEnjo" play just fine. Good.

3- Use ALT-F4 to exit back to the control & options launchpad.

4- Start the same (or different or saved) scenario again. I reloaded the (current state) scenario.

5- Select the Launch MFD again and hit the [SND] button on the MFD -- I get a popup saying I need to check the sound map*. It won't play any sounds related to this MFD anymore. Not until I completely 100% exit the current simulation session AND also exit Orbiter's control panel too. It seems to be repeatable.

The only troubleshooting I did was to verify the sound directory. I did absolutely nothing else. I'm using 2010p1 and v1.5.2. of launch mfd.

Suggestions? Is this a real bug? Or do I need to fix my orbiter install?

* The exact message is The sound sample "Sound/LaunchMFDEnjo/voice en.wav" has not been found in the file system. Check your SoundMap.

* Note the space in "voice en.wav" Is that an issue?

Last edited:

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
I've never tested it this way, really. I see where the problem is: I incorrectly assumed that the function

DLLCLBK void ExitModule (HINSTANCE hDLL)

is called every time you exit the simulation, while it's called only when you exit the launchpad.
Thanks for the report.

---------- Post added 05-18-12 at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was 05-17-12 at 08:00 PM ----------

Fixed. Also improved runtime speed, sacrificing some code readability.

romanasul

Reaction score
I have a question concerning the pitch program. I am using launch mfd to launch the Eridanus space plane with the quasar launcher and i'm trying to input my own timed pitch program and the UPSIDE_DOWN = True variable. I've read the manual and followed the instructions to create a .cfg file with the name of the vessel in the Config/MFD/Launch MFD folder. However i cannot get it to work, everytime I start and autopilot and lift off it ignores what i have written in the cfg file. The Quasar does not contain a .dll file in the modules folder so I named the cfg file after the ini configuration file in the Quasar/Eridanus folder, Quasar_22-E.ini. Any help would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Nevermind, I found out what the problem was.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
If you need heading, not inclination, you can find the heading based on inclination input. The inclination can be manually and iteratively changed with Shift+ Shift-. Shift[ and Shift] change the precision.

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I've been using LaunchMFD for a while now to help me determine the best time to start my launch for going to the ISS. Works great. Thanks.

Recently I've been trying to use LaunchMFD to help me determine the best time to start my launch so I could rendezvous with the LDEF satellite (per the LDEF retrieval scenario in the Satellites and Probes/ldef folder). For some reason, when I press TGT and type "ldef", it says "Selected Target: Manual" and the all-important Time to Intersection says 0.0s

I've tried using the Equ. Inclination instead, but it doesn't make a difference.

Is there any special reason why LaunchMFD doesn't work with the LDEF satellite? Or am I simply doing something wrong?

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
I've been using LaunchMFD for a while now to help me determine the best time to start my launch for going to the ISS. Works great. Thanks.

Recently I've been trying to use LaunchMFD to help me determine the best time to start my launch so I could rendezvous with the LDEF satellite (per the LDEF retrieval scenario in the Satellites and Probes/ldef folder). For some reason, when I press TGT and type "ldef", it says "Selected Target: Manual" and the all-important Time to Intersection says 0.0s

I've tried using the Equ. Inclination instead, but it doesn't make a difference.

Is there any special reason why LaunchMFD doesn't work with the LDEF satellite? Or am I simply doing something wrong?

The only launch azimuth you can choose in order to rendezvous with LDEF is 90° and then perform plane-alignment maneuvers at the nodes.
In LaunchMFD, I don't think that you can target vessels that are in a lower eq inclination than your lattitude. (KSC: 28.63° - LDEF eq Inc: 28.44°). You get the same result if you try to target Mir.

Last edited:

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The only launch azimuth you can choose in order to rendezvous with LDEF is 90° and then perform plane-alignment maneuvers at the nodes.
In LaunchMFD, I don't think that you can target vessels that are in a lower eq inclination than your lattitude. (KSC: 28.63° - LDEF eq Inc: 28.44°). You get the same result if you try to target Mir.

Thanks for the reply. So let me ask another (perhaps dumb) question. Is there a best time to launch? Should I target LDEF on Align plane / Map MFD and launch when it looks like this:

QzPUV.png

Or should I launch at that point -300 seconds (to account for half the time it takes to reach orbital velocity)?

The thing I liked about LaunchMFD is that it takes all the guess work out of when to launch.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Or should I launch at that point - 300 seconds (half the time it takes to reach orbital velocity)?

:thumbup:
I think that this should get you the best results in terms of minimizing the Rinc. between you and the satellite, when you reach orbital speed. (in this case the best you can do is 0.19°)

The reason you don't get a time to intersection in LaunchMFD is because there isn't one, when your target is at a lower eq Inc than your lattitude.

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The reason you don't get a time to intersection in LaunchMFD is because there isn't one, when your target is at a lower eq Inc than your lattitude.

Ah... that makes sense. The satellite never crosses the launch site, so there is no intersection.

Understandable. Still, I would prefer a "Best time to launch" countdown if nothing else. Otherwise, it seems as though I need to load the scenario, fast forward until the RInc is at the lowest point, pause the simulation, write down the time, exit Orbiter, reload the scenario, then fast forward back to the time I'd written down -300 seconds. A bit tedious.

At any rate, thanks again for the replies.