kann nicht geschrieben werden error message

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am trying to get FlyByWire to work on my orbiter install and when trying to save my profile for the mapping I get this neato german message which I translate "cannot be written"

Working with build Sep 29 2006
FlyByWire 0.9beta
Windows Vista SP1 OS
Orbiter root folder C:\orbiter

Clean Install c:\orbiterclean

Looking for suggestions on how to fix this since I have this brand new joystick that I cannot use

**SOLVED**
it seems that the entire directory path was not laid out.... created the 'current' directory in the path \FlyByWire\Current and was able to to create the file ProfileStandard.ini

If you are a vista user and this doesn't fix your problem. I still had UAC turned off when I created the directory...

Just cause I am a techie guy, I may also susgest that you verify that your permissions on the folder allows you full control, and also might want to try running orbiter under administrator priviliges for the first time you use FlyByWire

Redburne

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Good to know it's working for you, now! :)

Did you transplant FBW from one installation to another?

Normally, extracting from the ZIP file should create the entire folder structure. But as the "current" folder is empty, some unzippers might skip it altogether. I could put dummy files in empty folders, to be on the safe side ...