Hardware Joystick?

Reaction score
I am planning to use orbiter with a joystick now that I can't find a numpad. Can anyone tell me the best joystick to use with Orbiter? It can't be expensive as I have a very limited budget. If it can be found on Ebay for cheap prices, I can try to get it. I don't mind if it is old. :cheers:

Reaction score
Thanks! So all in all, people have recommended Logitech Extreme 3D Pro as the more frequent cheap joystick. How did you guys map it out?

Last edited:

RonDVouz

Reaction score
I have the Logitech Attack-3 joystick, bought it at Best Buy for around $20. I didn't assign any functions to the buttons, I pretty much plugged and played it. I'm now looking at making those button assignments to compensate for the fact my keyboard doesn't have a numberpad (missing a lot of KEY features) and with the help of the members here found a way around that. But like the other guy said, docking with the Rcontrol is frustrating. I think I spent 3 hours doing that last night.

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Why can't you find a usb numpad? Much more useful than a joystick for orbiter - they are about £5 on ebay.

RonDVouz

Reaction score
Why can't you find a usb numpad? Much more useful than a joystick for orbiter - they are about £5 on ebay.

Who, me?

Not that I can't, I just don't feel very motivated to buy one at the moment. Also I was told of a way around that so my problem was pretty much solved.

But I had considered getting a new computer soon and one with a num pad is on top of that list.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
But I had considered getting a new computer soon and one with a num pad is on top of that list.

I guarantee that you won't regret it!

I've had a notebook without a numpad once and felt it was a nice idea to
buy a USB-Numpad...and it completely changed the game. Literally!

After that my go/no-go list for computers changed to:
1. must have numpad!
2. should have fast graphics
3. big screen (vertical) would be nice
... ;)

/Kuddel

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Who, me?

Not that I can't, I just don't feel very motivated to buy one at the moment. Also I was told of a way around that so my problem was pretty much solved.

No, not you - the OP...