OHM itcs 1.0 RC

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: topper0710

This is the release candidat 1.0 of the "Intelligent thrust control system" module.
Itcs is the way to control all you're ship's main control function per joystick. It's an intelligent fly by wire system witch help you to fly around, docking, take off into space and more.

DOWNLOAD

Ricovandijk

Reaction score
Is there any way to set a null zone to the joystick?

My ms sidewinder has a bit of play around the centre. normally in orbiter this is not a problem because orbiter itself has a null zone, but with ITCS the ship goes crazy ;)

Regards,

Rico

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Lol i never thought that somone still use this add on (exept me) ;-)

It may be possible but you have to modify the source code i think...

[Edit]
ok i've just have had a look in the source code, you just have to edit the value in line 23:

#define JOYDEATHZONE 0.05

But in the package is only the cpp file, so you have to create a new project file...

hope this will help you...

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Topper,

with your permission I can provide those Solution & Project files.
You are the author, right?

Some minor tweaks had to be done in the source file itself (default-int is not valid in modern C++ anymore), but thats really minor ;)

So if you allow, I can post the changed sources (+project files for VC 2010)

/Kuddel

Topper

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Kuddel,

yes i'm the author please feel free it's gpl and i'm happy if someone can improve this...

If you have questions don't hesitate to contact me here via the private message system.

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Rico,

could you try the attatched BETA please? It should give you the possibility to set the
value of JOYDEATHZONE in the configuration file (Config\Modules\itcs.cfg)

I hope it will fit your needs ;)

It is a pre-pre-pre-view of version 1.1 of ITCS

Have fun and please report any issues with this 'patch'.

/Kuddel

View attachment itcs 1.1.zip

Ricovandijk

Reaction score
I shall give it a spin tonight!

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Ok I gave it a try,

First I installed the file over the previous version on my 'all thinkable addons installed' orbiter install. When I activate the module with joystick button 1+2 I see the green text flashing in, but get a CTD within one second. Not shure why, it didn't happen with the last version.

Then I tried a clean install O2010P1, the module works great. I set the joystick dead zone to .4 to get the best result.

In ABS mode the RCS roll function does not work. all other functions seem to work fine.

Thanks for the effort!!

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hello Rico,

thanks for trying it out!

Ok I gave it a try,

First I installed the file over the previous version on my 'all thinkable addons installed' orbiter install. When I activate the module with joystick button 1+2 I see the green text flashing in, but get a CTD within one second. Not shure why, it didn't happen with the last version.
O.K. Was that a Orbiter 2010-P1, too? Because I linked the version against that API. So it should not work with any older versions (maybe I will link it against 2006 version later to make it backward-compatible)

Then I tried a clean install O2010P1, the module works great. I set the joystick dead zone to .4 to get the best result.

In ABS mode the RCS roll function does not work. all other functions seem to work fine.

Thanks for the effort!!
Great to hear! To be honest, I don't know what the different modes should do, I just enhanced the code a bit and tried some buttons/joy-movement :lol:
I think I'll have to read the manual ;)
In the meantime there's a new build, that was compiled with Visual Studio 2010. Strange that the size is almost 2k less, than the VC2008 build :shrug:

Again, thanks a lot for your beta-testing efforts!
I will look a bit into the code to see if there are any obvious things that might cause a CTD, although I can't promise anything.

Stay tuned,
Kuddel

Attachments

• itcs_1_1_0_5.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 4

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
ITCS (2006-P1)...

Hi again Rico,

I hope you still have your 'all thinkable addons installed' Orbiter installation.

I've linked the configurable version against Orbiter-2006-P1, so maybe
this works on that installation again.
If you would be so nice and test it on that setup?

Regards,
Kuddel

EDIT: Removed the attachment (see my post#11 further down for details)

Last edited:

Ricovandijk

Reaction score
Hi!

Sorry for the late response, I got all worked up on our new baby bedroom :)

When I try to open the .zip file I get these messages:

! D:\Users\Rico\Downloads\itcs_1_1_0_7.zip: Onbekende methode in Config\Modules\itcs.cfg
! D:\Users\Rico\Downloads\itcs_1_1_0_7.zip: Onbekende methode in Modules\Plugin\itcs.dll

(Onbekende = unknown)

Perhaps I waited to long and now it's spoiled? :p

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
ITCS (2006-P1)...non-standard ZIP

Hi!
Sorry for the late response, I got all worked up on our new baby bedroom :)
Congrats! Gefeliciteerd!
No problem if real life calls, sim life has to wait ;)

When I try to open the .zip file I get these messages:

! D:\Users\Rico\Downloads\itcs_1_1_0_7.zip: Onbekende methode in Config\Modules\itcs.cfg
! D:\Users\Rico\Downloads\itcs_1_1_0_7.zip: Onbekende methode in Modules\Plugin\itcs.dll

(Onbekende = unknown)
...me too. When I use "extract..." that comes with Windows (standard).
If you have 7-zip at hand, you can use that, it works with that tool.
I think i've used a "non-standard" compression (LZMA or whatever) to squeeze down the size...

If you don't have 7-zip handy, use the new attatchment (why do I think most people will take the 2nd option...hmm;) ).

Perhaps I waited to long and now it's spoiled? :p
No, no. It's my fault. I should not expect that everyone has always the best tools on board ;)

Attachments

• itcs_1_1_0_7.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 3

Ricovandijk

Reaction score
Thanks!

I try'd it again and with no luck, CTD within 1 second after pushing both joystick buttons 1 and 2.

But I don't know what the compatibility issue causes, on my clean set-up the tool works fine.

Cheers!

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
ITCS (2006-P1) Build 1.1.0.8

Hi Rico,

thanks for trying that version!

I've put some more love into the initialization of the module and found at least one potential cause for a CTD.
I still don't understand why it crashes after 1 second on your system, but nevertheless this version should not be worse ;)

So if you have time, please try the new build (1.1.0.8)

Thanks,
Kuddel

P.S.: Next time I think I will give out a "debug build". That might give some more info...but mybe this doesn't crash :p

Attachments

• itcs_1_1_0_8.zip
    42.4 KB · Views: 3

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
ITCS (2006-P1) Build 1.1.0.9

Hello Rico,

long time since last contact ;)
Any news on your 'all thinkable addons installed' Orbiter installation and the ITCS 1.1.x ?
But maybe you have better (more important) things to do (feed) ;)

By the way, here's a minor updated version with fixes for Windows 2000 or Windows XP pre SP2 Systems.

(Find a 1.1.0.9 release-build and a debug-build attached, containing just the Module)

/Kuddel

Attachments

• itcs_1_1_0_9.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 5
  • itcs_1_1_0_9_dbg.zip
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: