Updates ISS Soyuz flights updates

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
5 meters.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Contact!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Contact & capture at 02:10 UTC.

80mileshigh

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
eightymileshigh.wordpress.com
AFP have reported that the expedited rendezvous is rarely used because, 'it puts a bigger stress on the astronauts' bodies.' This has now been replicated in news stories across the world.

Why would it put more stress on the crew? No rest period before rendezvous? Surely it puts less stress on the crew as they don't have to spend two days holed up in the capsule!

I'm interested to know if I'm missing something here, or if it's just shoddy journalism as I suspect.

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
There is also an ESA video explaining the Soyuz launch with Orbiter footage. This has been performed yesterday at the official launch event at the European Astronaut Centre. Pretty cool, no?

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
AFP have reported that the expedited rendezvous is rarely used because, 'it puts a bigger stress on the astronauts' bodies.' This has now been replicated in news stories across the world.

Why would it put more stress on the crew? No rest period before rendezvous? Surely it puts less stress on the crew as they don't have to spend two days holed up in the capsule!

I'm interested to know if I'm missing something here, or if it's just shoddy journalism as I suspect.

They don't have time to get out of the suits. So they end up spending 10 hours in the suits which initially concerned NASA.

The workload is also increased because of the shortened timeline.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Docking replays

Docking replays from ReelNASA & NASAtelevision:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Soyuz TMA-08M has just undocked from the ISS. Have a safe return to Earth Chris! :salute:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
De-orbit burn completed at 02:05 UTC - landing in about 45 minutes.

Last edited:

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
And they have landed safely. Welcome home Chris, Pavel and Aleksandr!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Rollout of Soyuz TMA-10M

Soyuz-FG / Soyuz TMA-10M has been rolled out and erected today. It will transport three members of the Expedition 37 crew to the International Space Station: Commander - Oleg Kotov, RSA; Flight Engineer 1 - Sergey Ryazansky, RSA; Flight Engineer 2 - Michael Hopkins, NASA:

The launch is scheduled on Sep. 25, 2013, at 20:58:50 UTC. There will be probably more info posted closer to the launch. :p

Photos from the rollout: Expedition 37 - NASA HQ PHOTO photostream at Flickr

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
It's going to be a very special expedition for me. I have been following Sergey Ryazansky in his blogs since 2005, and I have got many friends who are also his friends (we didn't meet in person ourselves, though).

I also met Oleg Kotov personally few years ago, before his previous expedition. So I feel very fond about both Russian guys there (who both have a medical education, by the way).

Have we given up on individual threads dedicated to Soyuz launches since I last looked?

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
It's going to be a very special expedition for me. I have been following Sergey Ryazansky in his blogs since 2005, and I have got many friends who are also his friends (we didn't meet in person ourselves, though).

I also met Oleg Kotov personally few years ago, before his previous expedition. So I feel very fond about both Russian guys there (who both have a medical education, by the way).

Have we given up on individual threads dedicated to Soyuz launches since I last looked?

Yes, we found that there's not much to say about the ferry flights to and fro the ISS (the crew's activities on the ISS is covered in the ISS news thread) so we set up a one-stop thread for all Soyuz flights - we do the same for all Progress flights, the remaining ATV flights (just one more to go :() and the SpaceX Dragon flights.

My detailed launch report will come tomorrow. Nice to see you back on O-F again SiberianTiger - it's been a long time since I have seen any of your launch reports (which I now faithfully replicate for the past year or so)! :tiphat:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
My detailed launch report will come tomorrow. Nice to see you back on O-F again SiberianTiger - it's been a long time since I have seen any of your launch reports (which I now faithfully replicate for the past year or so)! :tiphat:

Thanks, GalP. I can't promise to be on for every single Russian launch, but I will try to support the most remarkable ones which are to come. I'm spending lot of time on amateur book publishing this year, sorry about paying too little attention to O-F.

To make it less off-topic, I love the mission patch, even if it looks like the TMA is on a polar orbit 10000 km high! :lol:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
-_AB94dUYYM.jpg

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Soyuz TMA-10M videos