Problem ISS 2.5 by Thorton Quest problem

Matte

Reaction score
hi all,
i'm having a little problem during STS-104 mission.
i attached Quest at the starboard side of Unity module during EVA-1, but as soon as i try to activate it with CTRL+SPACE, Orbiter crashes...
do i have to attach all the N2 and O2 tanks before activating it? i know that the 3rd EVA of that mission was conducted from Quest, and completed assembly of the last two N2 and O2 tanks...

Thorton

sense offender
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, you should attach all tanks before activation. I missed this info about 3rd EVA when i worked on Quest, sorry.

LuckyHendrix

Reaction score
I dig out this post 'cause I've got a similar problem with the last version of thorton ISS. I've Assembled Quest to unity with the SSRMS. But now I have problem to assemble N2 and O2 tanks to the quest module, besause there is no grapple for EMU on it and I'm having troubble to grapple it with the SSRMS or SRMS because the fixture is pointing towards the back of the shuttle bay.
I wanted to use a EMU attached on the shuttle RMS in order to hand in the N2 tank to the SSRMS wich would then put it in reach of another EMU standing on an APFR on Quest.

So is it possible to add somehow (by modifiying the .scn may-be) a grappling point on the tanks so that the EMU could grab it ?

Last edited:

diogom

Reaction score
Hi, I have a little problem in STS-97. I can't attach the P6 truss because P6 isn't in the ''Select spacecraft'' list when you press F3. I've tried to attach it through the ISS in Parent to Child mode, but I can't change the source attachment point, I select P6 as target, target attchment point is the correct one but source attachment point remains in U_OTD.
I also have a problem in STS-98, when I try to attach the PMA to Z1, it says in attachment manager that the attachment point of the PMA is occupied, so no attachment is possible. Do you have any idea what the problem is? BTW, the version is 3.1

LuckyHendrix

Reaction score
I've got another problem with airlocks, but this time with Pirs , after installing it I made an EVA with two Orlan and I can't make them get in the station again, pressing J does nothing.

Thorton

sense offender
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've got another problem with airlocks, but this time with Pirs , after installing it I made an EVA with two Orlan and I can't make them get in the station again, pressing J does nothing.

Thanks for feedback! This bug has been fixed in v3.1.3 which is available on OH now.

diogom said:
I can't attach the P6...
diogom said:
...P6 isn't in the ''Select spacecraft'' list when you press F3
I dont see any connection between this two parts. As regards to other questions you asked, user manual will help you.

LuckyHendrix

Reaction score
That must be one of the fastest patching I've ever seen thorton ! Thanks for your great mod.

diogom

Reaction score
I dont see any connection between this two parts.

I can't attach P6 from the ISS, because I can't change the source attachment point to the correct one, and I can't attach it from P6 because since it isn't in the ''Select spacecraft'' list, I can't select P6, go to its ''cockpit'', and use attachment manager with source as P6.

By the way, thanks for the patch, that was faster than Homer Simpson running for donuts!

Thorton

sense offender
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I can't attach it from P6 because since it isn't in the ''Select spacecraft'' list, I can't select P6, go to its ''cockpit'', and use attachment manager with source as P6.

There is no need to switch focus to P6, all attachment operations should be performed from ISS.

diogom

Reaction score
There is no need to switch focus to P6, all attachment operations should be performed from ISS.

I can attach it now, I was using the MFD and not the attachment manager activated by CTRL + A, with the MFD I couldn't do it neither from P6 because it's impossible to switch focus, and from the ISS because I can't change source attachment point, and the worst part is that I already read the manual in the part about attachment manager, but didn't used it because the MFD worked, and I didn't remeber to try it. But thanks for your patience and help anyway.