Interstellar - The Movie

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
It's sad that valid scientific theories are being relegated to being a controversial political topic.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

and we apparently have a name for the vessel, a very meaningful one:

rExIX5K.jpg

Last edited:

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thank god it dosent end at the wormhole part... It looks like the planet they're visiting is some sort of low gravity, young, ocean world.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Still getting a huge "Contact" vibe from this.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Is that such a bad thing?

(caveat: Haven't seen or read Contact.)

Depends. In my opinion, the book "Contact" (written by Carl Sagan) was an enjoyable read. The movie wasn't quite as good, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Check it out, it's a must-see for any space geek, imo.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
People who read the leaked screenplay say that a major plot element is an entity known as The Probe. Whether Nolan is a new apostle of our faith or a heretic remains to be seen.

In the mean time, All Hail The Probe!

(Also, the screenplay supposedly includes a zero-g sex scene. )

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Read the first part of the script... It proves my ideal that the wormhole is of alien origin and that maybe the planet on the other end is newly built and artificial.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nice MFDs you have there, pal, and lotsa 'em (The style of cockpit is similar to Dragon -- touchscreens?):

gQmrc24.jpg

af7ks7Q.jpg

FobS5BR.jpg

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New trailer:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That second video kamaz, is pure awesomeness.

Here's a detailled, hard-science analysis of the Endurance and its shuttle, based on what is seen on the trailers: http://imgur.com/a/RCKME

I think that they are trying to learn from the mistakes Gravity made while making a relatively similar film. I will definitely see this film. Even twice if needed :D

RonDVouz

Reaction score
Depends. In my opinion, the book "Contact" (written by Carl Sagan) was an enjoyable read. The movie wasn't quite as good, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Check it out, it's a must-see for any space geek, imo.

You know who I think really screwed that movie?

The same guy that's in this one. :thumbup:

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
It seems like they fell into some problems with the Chinese DVD manifacturers... The whole Indian drone thing is hint.

Jameson

Reaction score
As much as I am excited about Interstellar I am also afraid. This movie looks very good, very promising, breathtaking and intelligent. But that is SO MUCH to hope for! We have just seen the trailer and what about plot for the entire movie? What about plot holes? I keep my fingers crossed this turns out to be an amazing movie experience. "Contact" (I have just seen a movie, haven't read the book) was great up till the last part which was awful for me and kinda lowered the whole reception of the movie. Nice, thrilling with a terrible ending. I hope Interstellar will be just the first two things.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
hey guy, you know that a black hole bends light, right?
Oh wait, it bends lght from the accretion disk, too? Holy :censored: that's amazing ! You can write 2 research papers based on that !

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsand...nterstellar-leads-to-new-scientific-discovery

Though, to be honest, I'll watch those 800 Tb worth of data. The fact that they have hired a physicist to make the black hole and wormhole shaders is a cool one on its own. I mean, look at this hot black hole:
1096226.jpg