unknown_orbiter

Orbital Mystery
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Does anyone else have a problem with memorizing Lunar landing procedures in Orbiter, jet takeoff procedures in FSX, and gravity-torque calibration settings for a ballistic trajectory in Sniper Elite? I must have at least 30 reference charts on my wall.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That's why I don't fly AMSO or SSU. Too much "in the weeds" for me. Back in the day I had the Falcon 3.0 MiG-29 poster on my wall, and I memorized every keystroke. That was enough for me. Man, what an awesome game that was, and an awesome add-on to go with it!

684-1.jpg

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
You play Sniper Elite? Nice :thumbup:
No need to memorize anything, just practice a lot and you'll feel the right shoot vector.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ok, I have now the complete FDF for STS-120 printed in a small shelf right next to my PC, but that is all insanity for that, most of it is for coding SSU, not flying around, thus I also have SCOM, System/360 overview and parts of the ODB, the HAL/S language reference and the ALT Avionics Software Specs there...

Still harmless compared to my BattleTech game material container, which weights about twice as much without the figures.

golden_eye

Reaction score
Nah, I just wing it when I'm playing sims. I have enough procedures and checklists to remember in real life so I'm just into getting into the air/space and having fun.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I seem remember most everything i guess. i feel that not many of the vessels need much to remember except the delta glider iv starting in safe mode but it has an automated system check to tell you what you forgot or overlooked. everything else is just straight orbiter flyin. although sometimes when i forget something small or obscure like deploying the mks sattelite ii close out and read the doc and write it down.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I'm a big fan of checklists so I don't have to use my rather poor memory. For each mission I put together a little checklist so that I don't have to search my memory!

jinglesassy

Reaction score
I really have pretty much everything memorized(ok deploying the satelite included with the dgiv i forget but thats the only thing)