If you could have one fictional ship from orbiter, what would you have?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'll choose Luna-OB1, the wheel station, and put it into high Earth orbit.
Spacecraft we can build, but a huge spinning tourist-friendly space habitat half a kilometre in diameter? Not in any foreseeable future.
Besides, it's sudden appearance is bound to spruce up the development of the said spacecraft.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was going to say HVIPS, but considering that it was never actually released, I pick the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3772"]L4: Lunar Logistics Lander-Lifter[/ame].

L4screenshot.JPG

:uhh:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Seriously, the possibilities are limitless with simplified physics, magic and some very interesting abilities (oapiSetSimMJD(), anyone?)

Butz becauz the XR-2Z iz culz witz itz SR-71Z shapedz wingletz itz USAz atz itz betz manz ! Andz u knoz manz spicplanz witz a zingle tailz are absolutzely notz kulz atz allz every1 knoz thatz !! :cool:

No, seriously, it would be the standard, without scramjets, Deltaglider. It is indestructible and you can go nearly where you want with it, what can you ask more ? Time travel, yes, and then it's a TARDIS. ;)

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Well, I'd still choose the XR2, because for me it feels a bit like cheating to choose a completely unrealistic spacecraft like the TARDIS, or even a stock Deltaglider, for that matter. Not that the XR2 is realistic, of course, but it is more realistic than both, and I think that it is acceptable to choose for this question.

But, ignoring realism, I'd go for a Deltaglider with a Warp Drive MFD :thumbup:

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
For me, the Arrow... :thumbup:

Even though it has limitations on atmospheric flight, it offers longevity and interplanetary travel. Of course, you'd have to have a few docked vessels to take with you to allow visits to planets and moons with atmospheres or conditions such as higher gravity to offset the Arrows disabilities. (Just pretend they came with the vessel :lol:)
The attached vessels would be two of the Shuttle PB's and the XR2, without the fluffy dice. I'd go for the swinging skelton or the "out-of-fragrance" christmas tree air freshener.

If your running from a World War Z scenario, you need a long term survivable vessel, not a limited to couple of months vessel, unless you hijack the ISS, but you'd most likely find half of OrbitSim already there. :facepalm:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
If I could have any fictional spacecraft, I'd take the Apollo moon rocket and use it to "recreate" the "moon landings" :lol:

I'd take an Arrow Freighter, in orbit, fully fueled. Then, I would start a space contracting company and get a contract ferrying moon bases parts between earth and moon. By the time a small moon base was set up, I feel that I would have enough money to start a regular maintenance schedule and hire my own staff. Then I would offer pleasure or science cruises for steep entry fees, while doing little Earth-Moon jobs on the side.

I was going to say HVIPS, but considering that it was never actually released, I pick the L4: Lunar Logistics Lander-Lifter.

L4screenshot.JPG

:uhh:

DOOOOOOD THAT IS AWESOME. I might pick that insted of Arrow Freighter

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
My fictional ship of choice

The XR5 but with all the ISP and O2 usage and other settings set to their maximum values to allow me to go just about anywhere in the solar system. 'course I'd also want to have all the cargo pallets that come with the XR5 also so I can carry the extra O2 needed for those REALLY long flights out to Pluto and back.

spacemonkey81

lost in space
Reaction score
Also said:
for me it would be an arrow with a xr-2 in the docking bay to solve the above mentioned problem...and i would have to be polished stainless steel shining like a mirror...

by the way...does anyone know the latest news about the new arrow? (i've been away from the forum for quite a while so this might be a stupid question, but hey)

Last edited:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
you know i'm biased on this one, right?.... :lol::cheers: