Project Hubble Space Telescope

Reaction score
New model in developing from Forum Orbiter Italia, I think it's better than the default model ;)

Keatah

Reaction score
This is very nice. I could have some fun putting this in places it ain't s'posed to be!

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Another great FOI project in the works! :speakcool:

Keatah

Reaction score
Please don't keep this in a perpetual WIP status..

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just one thing: The solar arrays are to short. They should be nearly the same length as HST itself. My guess is that you based the length on photos of the current solar arrays which are shorter than the original sets.

The original sets of SAs had two blankets which were 2.3505 m wide and 6.055 m long. The current set of SAs are 2.174 m wide and 2.568 m long.

Reaction score
Just one thing: The solar arrays are to short. They should be nearly the same length as HST itself. My guess is that you based the length on photos of the current solar arrays which are shorter than the original sets.

The original sets of SAs had two blankets which were 2.3505 m wide and 6.055 m long. The current set of SAs are 2.174 m wide and 2.568 m long.
Thanks for your suggestion. I confirm that I used the correct dimentions that you suggested, but Hubble is so big that the solar arrays appear more little than they are effectively. I used to build this model an original sketch that I found on Official Hubble Site

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Please don't keep this in a perpetual WIP status..
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean for "WIP status" (english is not my prime language, "WIP" stands for?). I intend to make available this model ASAP. Obviously please be patient because we (F.O.I.) are working also on Eridanus, on Galileo II and other projects.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Realease dates are always on a Tuesday, even if it's a Friday.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I confirm that I used the correct dimentions that you suggested, but Hubble is so big that the solar arrays appear more little than they are effectively. I used to build this model an original sketch that I found on Official Hubble Site
The dimensions I posted was for each blanket(old SAs) and each panel frame(new, current SAs). So total length of the old SAs are 12.11 m and the total length of the new current SAs are 5.136 m.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean for "WIP status" (english is not my prime language, "WIP" stands for?). I intend to make available this model ASAP. Obviously please be patient because we (F.O.I.) are working also on Eridanus, on Galileo II and other projects.

Work In Progress.:p

Reaction score
:lol: LOL Now I understand! I suppose a release date enter the end of october - first two weeks of november.

Things to do:
- I must correct the solar arrays dimentions
- To complete the Spacecraft3 config file with some "false" gyroscopes that allow the telescope to point where someone wants.

Last edited:

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Gaia Station?? Please? Pretty Please with sugar and chocolate syrup?

:lol:
Personally, i am pressing the team to work on the lunar lander, to complete the Antares spacecraft... but Fausto wants release certainly Gaia first!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
:lol:
Wasn't it the great Tony Stark that said "Sometimes you have to run before you can walk".

Reaction score
Update: as suggest by DaveS I made two different mesh, one of Hubble in 1990 (as was deployed) and one as it's today (after the last Service Mission).

Hubble in 1990, with big solar arrays. Solar arrays, antennas and door are fully operational

Hubble as today. Only antennas and door are operational.