Question HSI Glide Slope for Stock Shuttle

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
When running the Final Approach scenario with the shuttle Atlantis, the glide slope lights are correct but the HSI MFD glide slope is set for airplanes. I looked at the canaveral.cfg and Earth/Data folder but it isn't obvious that this is easily changed. Can anyone help?

Thanks

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
When running the Final Approach scenario with the shuttle Atlantis, the glide slope lights are correct but the HSI MFD glide slope is set for airplanes. I looked at the canaveral.cfg and Earth/Data folder but it isn't obvious that this is easily changed. Can anyone help?

Thanks
The HSI is only for the Inner Glideslope (IGS). It isn't used for the Outer Glideslope (OGS). The HSI MFD uses exactly the same data as the lights, which is RUNWAYLIGHTS in the base config files.

More information can be found in OrbiterConfig.pdf.

AssemblyLanguage

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The HSI is only for the Inner Glideslope (IGS). It isn't used for the Outer Glideslope (OGS). The HSI MFD uses exactly the same data as the lights, which is RUNWAYLIGHTS in the base config files.

More information can be found in OrbiterConfig.pdf.

Thanks DaveS.

I've been adding and moving PAPI and VASI lights. When I move the PAPI from -2000 to -2286 (I read that -2286 was where the lights were in reality), I get two sets of PAPIs. Any thoughts on why?