Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
so just do wood and logs?
Saplings? I always have too many of them (like wheat seeds and chicken eggs, too) and I usually throw them away into sea (except for jungle saplings, which I don't have a full stack yet, as I rarely cut these).

Most people consume the wood they have simply because they only gather it when they need it.
And yeah, I cut trees only when I need wood, with keeping only 1-3 stacks of each type of wood in reserve.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
How about the list below. Any suggestions for the empty place?

Items to be sorted list
-------------------------
1 oak wood
2 pine wood
3 birch wood
4 jungle wood
5 oak planks
6 pine planks
7 birch planks
8 jungle planks
9 oak saplings
10 pine saplings
11 birch saplings
12 jungle saplings
13 buckets
14 lava bucket
15 water bucket
16 milk bucket
-------------------------
1 cobblestone
2 stone
3 stone bricks
4 gravel
5 sand
6 sandstone
7 glass
8 ice
10 redstone
11 redstone blocks
12 gold blocks
13 gold bars
14 gold nuggets
15 iron blocks
16 iron bar
---------------------------
1 Ender Pearl
2 bone
3 potato
4 carrot
5 coco beans
6 sugar
7 sugar cane
8 wheat
9 seeds
10 pumpkin seeds
11 pumpkins
12 melon seeds
13 melon slices
14 melons
15 eggs
16 +++ everything else +++
---------------------------

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I have a bit of a question. You know the giant, lava-filled beacon thing that I built near the theater district? Well, it appears not to have any lava in it any more. It's not really that big of a deal, but I would kinda like to know why. If someone really needed lava that bad, all they'd have to do is hop into the Nether...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
So I have a bit of a question. You know the giant, lava-filled beacon thing that I built near the theater district? Well, it appears not to have any lava in it any more.

The lava is still there... :huh: I took a quick ride to the Theater District just a moment ago to check it:

beacon_lava.jpg

Could be just a dynmap glitch not rendering lava properly, possibly.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah, could be! I have to admit, I actually just looked at the dynmap. Whoops. :blush:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The resource world access is now available. The departure facility is beneath the existing stargate, with the entrance on the west side of the hill (on the road to the nether portal).

This is just the resource world, as previously discussed. It's a small world intended only to provide us access to the new resources introduced in 1.5.1. As new resources are added to the game, this world will be entirely replaced and nothing will be saved from it. That means don't go spending a lot of time building structures, because they'll go away at some point.

There is a small chance the teleportation procedure will kill you. If that happens, let me know and I'll re-calibrate it.

This is not the "super-survival" world as was also discussed. The difficulties of using the same world as both the resource world and the "super-survival" world, largely in the one-way inventory, were too much, and the super-survival folks probably wouldn't appreciate normal folks showing up and stealing all their resources anyway.

News about the "super-survival" world will be forthcoming, and will coincide with the mothballing of the old world.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
We are welcome to do so though, for my own personal amusement.
Well sure, and then maybe we can power the portals to the next resource world using the tears of those who spent lots of time building in this one.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Could I get access to the item chests in the Witch Farm? I noticed that they were locked. Or can someone explain to me how to use the farm? :)

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
Ooops i probably forgot to /cpublic them when i built the item sorter... will change this at once. Sorry for the inconvenience..

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Resource world chronicles:

BOOOM!
Squeek! Hur-hulooo-uuuu! Hur-hur-hur!
Aaa! Chop! Aaaa! Chop! Aargh! Gulp.

BOOOM!
Clok. Clok. Pshhhhhhht.
Aaaaaaaaaa....psh.

Psch. SHhhh.
Glitch, glitch, come on, come on!
BOOOM!

Overall, the world is very small, and the nether is toy-sized.
It would be mined out very quickly, so whoever got there first with most TNT gets all the quartz.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Overall, the world is very small, and the nether is toy-sized.
It would be mined out very quickly, so whoever got there first with most TNT gets all the quartz.
Meh, and since I don't have anything for trade, I guess I'll play in SP more. :p

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
damn, now I have to let go my small stash of red bricks to pay for some quartz (anyone wants to relive the idea of currencies again?)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
A diamond per two blocks of quartz please.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
But I guess all diamonds from the resource world are taken already, too? :lol:
I need more TNT!
Where is my Fortune II pick?
:)

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Actually, the resource world do owe me 9 diamonds that i lost in equipment after being tossed into lava by a pigman angered by someone else who also was tossed in lava for it.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I had originally made the resource world 1km in diameter (and the nether 1/8th of that) thinking that our normal world was 5km in diameter.

I have since reminded myself that the normal world is actually 10km in diameter, so I'd be okay with doubling the diameter of the resource world (and nether). I meant to do it last night but I was busy fixing the Redstone clock for the flashing lights, since apparently Bukkit never fixed the "Redstone repeaters break when chunk unloaded" issue...

---------- Post added at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Also, I will totally trade two blocks of quartz per one diamond. I've got a stack and then some of blocks of quartz...