Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
What if someone doesn't want a block of quartz but a quartz? You cannot break the block back to quartz.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
[/COLOR]Also, I will totally trade two blocks of quartz per one diamond. I've got a stack and then some of blocks of quartz..
True-mined, or /give-ed? :)
I guess you took the low-hanging fruits from the resource world, no?

What if someone doesn't want a block of quartz but a quartz? You cannot break the block back to quartz.
1 diamond per 8 quartz then.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I've got a couple stacks of normal quartz, too.

True-mined, or /give-ed? :)
I guess you took the low-hanging fruits from the resource world, no?
True mined, and in the nether of the current world, not the resource world. I went on an expedition to the edges of the nether and found some places where nobody had been, and mined the quartz there.

I only went to the nether in the resource world enough times to fix the nether portal issues.

I only use /give for restoring items to someone who has lost them as a result of some server error, never for "making it easy on myself" for acquiring materials.

Eccentrus

Geekernaut
Reaction score
btw in 1.6, there will be horses which will spawn in plains (newly generated plains) and since much of the current world's been expored, if there appears to be a complete exhaustion of plains biome in the world, how will we be able to obtain them horses? and btw with horses armor we can finally go into proper war with each other! HUZZAH!!!

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
there will be horses which will spawn in plains (newly generated plains) and since much of the current world's been expored, if there appears to be a complete exhaustion of plains biome in the world, how will we be able to obtain them horses?

Won't they spawn occasionally in explored plains, like sometimes sheep, chickens and cows naturally spawn on my backyard, too?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
and btw with horses armor we can finally go into proper war with each other! HUZZAH!!!
I dare you siege my sky castle in the Delta Crateris on horseback with full armor. :)

Actually, i got an idea - the resource world is a throw-away, right?
So how about some aggressive gameplay in there?

Like, TNT cannons, castle sieges, landmines, etc.

All bets are off kind of war games - one side builds a fort, the other side have to siege it, no picks allowed (TNT is, however, with some keep-intact rule to prevent overabuse).

Or one-on-one arena, also with all bets are off and uneven terrain.

Anyone interested?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
In other news, I've double the radius of both the resource world and its nether.

I dare you siege my sky castle in the Delta Crateris on horseback with full armor. :)

Actually, i got an idea - the resource world is a throw-away, right?
So how about some aggressive gameplay in there?

Like, TNT cannons, castle sieges, landmines, etc.

All bets are off kind of war games - one side builds a fort, the other side have to siege it, no picks allowed (TNT is, however, with some keep-intact rule to prevent overabuse).

Or one-on-one arena, also with all bets are off and uneven terrain.

Anyone interested?
I had expressed interest in this sort of thing previously, but the reception was lukewarm at best. Part of the problem stems from non-intersecting playtimes. What's to stop me from dismantling your fortifications while you're asleep? With the way our server is (usually 0-3 people on, weighted toward the low end, and extremely rarely more), it would basically be "who can grief the other people while they're offline until the other people give up" and that doesn't really sound very fun.

That said, if groups of people want to organize events like this for those that are online (or give a time for people to get on), feel free to do so. My only request would be that you respect the wishes of people who don't want to participate by not blowing them up too :)

FWIW, after no one seemed interested last time, I got my minecraft pvp fix via http://www.minecraftpvp.com/hunger-games/

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Just a quick message to the person who maintains the end farm, you have to half-slab EVERYTHING!!! The endermen can teleport away, or even spawn outside the farm at current.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Actually, they can teleport onto slabs and even into the water pool, where they instantly die, too. Slabbing all won't prevent their teleporting out.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just a quick message to the person who maintains the end farm, you have to half-slab EVERYTHING!!! The endermen can teleport away, or even spawn outside the farm at current.
They can't spawn outside the farm. They can teleport outside, but at the point they've teleported outside they should be one-hit kills anyway...

Gerdih

Reaction score
Resource world!!!

Time to pick, cut, dig, destroy, explode, erode and kill!!

About End Farm; Me and Artlav have done it, and its not complete at all. So becarefull :)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
My only request would be that you respect the wishes of people who don't want to participate by not blowing them up too :)
Then, for fairness, i have to post a warning that there are some amount of randomly placed landmines laying around the resource world.

Just to keep it interesting by increasing the chaos level.

The end farm was built under assumption of periodic end reset, so making it perfect was not on the list of tasks.
Endermen leaks are quite manageable, however.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Apparently the dynmap/worldborder integration isn't working properly, as the world border is still showing as the smaller value for the resource world on the dynmap.

Either that or I failed at increasing it.

Then, for fairness, i have to post a warning that there are some amount of randomly placed landmines laying around the resource world.

Just to keep it interesting by increasing the chaos level.
:facepalm:

The end farm was built under assumption of periodic end reset, so making it perfect was not on the list of tasks.
Endermen leaks are quite manageable, however.
We now have the resource world's End to allow people to kill the dragon, so I see no reason to ever reset the main world's End ever again...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Are world borders defined as area markers? Maybe it needs to be deleted with"/dmarker deletearea" and then set again with WorldBorder? Or maybe just "/dynmap updaterender"?

We now have the resource world's End to allow people to kill the dragon, so I see no reason to ever reset the main world's End ever again...

One question though: is a stronghold located within the borders of the world? :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are world borders defined as area markers? Maybe it needs to be deleted with"/dmarker deletearea" and then set again with WorldBorder? Or maybe just "/dynmap updaterender"?
Tried a few things, including "/wb dynmap" (which should reset the dynmap integration), but the border's still drawing wrong.

I did verify that it's just drawing wrong on the dynmap--the border is where I'd actually expect it to be, twice as far out.

One question though: is a stronghold located within the borders of the world? :p
One way to find out...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Oh, and one more thing - what about a wither hunt?
Even if one got loose in the resource world, the damage won't be significant, no?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Oh, and one more thing - what about a wither hunt?
Even if one got loose in the resource world, the damage won't be significant, no?
Unless, of course, you destroy the portal apparatus and can't get home...

---------------
I have returned from an exploratory expedition, from which I can confirm that there is at least one ender portal within the confines of this new world.

I have also met a clan of seemingly sapient natives; however, further diplomacy may be hampered by the creatures these natives keep as pets (see attachment).

Attachments

• pet_creeper.jpg
    pet_creeper.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 35

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So do we truly not have any quartz left? I was hoping to get a few stacks of quartz blocks for some University work...

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

On that same topic, I'd be willing to pay in diamonds for emerald blocks if anyone has any...

Gerdih

Reaction score
is there a way for the border of the map to not push you and throw you to the damn lava losing the quartz and all valuable tools?