Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
That was very helpful. Thank you very much. I'm abandoning the island I was going to build on and moving to a better suited location for Vorengard. Ill set up a portal there :)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I may have slightly miscalculated the flow distance on my lava-based "disable spawning" mechanism, resulting in lava flowing all over the room and turning the water source blocks for the mob flow into solid stone, among other issues...

Oops. Back to the drawing board! :lol:

Attachments

• oops.jpg
    oops.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 46

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
LCVAo.png

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

In other news: CraftBukkit picked a RC for 1.1 and put it out for testing: https://twitter.com/#!/EvilSeph/status/161790425609408512

So I guess there will be an 1.1 Update for Bukkit soon. :thumbup:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sh1tango, how did you get the blaze grinder to leave them with only one punch worth of health left? I'm trying to make a mob grinder in the overworld, and the zombies end up with either 2 punches worth of health, or if I make the suffocation last one tick longer they die. This doesn't seem to make sense to me, since suffocation should do half a heart every half second, and punching is half a heart, so I should at least have a half second window to play with...

At 90 ticks, they live with three half-hearts left, from 91-95 ticks, they live with two half-hearts left, and at 96 ticks they die.

Any tips?

Edit: I had the exact same problem when I tried to use falling damage instead of suffocation--if they fell a certain number of blocks, they'd need two punches to kill, but if they fell one block further they'd die...

Last edited:

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
This is one of the oddest things I've seen in the middle of the ocean lol

AX3y9.png

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Zombies have 4 points of armour (2 symbols) now. According to the Minecraft wiki, Zombies have 22 points (11 hearts) of health when including the armour.
If only it were that simple...

Since neither suffocation nor fall damage are affected by armor, those still bring them down to 1 point of health. However, since punching is affected by armor, the punch only does .84 points of damage, so a second punch is required. This means it's impossible to get one-punch kills using only suffocation. If I can get to take that .84 points of damage from something else, though--like a cactus, maybe--it will only be one punch.

However, that would result in killing skeletons and creepers before I could punch them, so that's not really a valid option.

The other choice is to use a stone shovel (cheap on stone) or stone sword (cheap on wood) to hit with--that will do enough damage to kill the zombies in one hit.

Thanks for the pointer to the armor, though--I'd missed that on the wiki.

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

This is one of the oddest things I've seen in the middle of the ocean lol

FFQrg
Image isn't showing up, looks like you didn't finish the URL...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm guessing that would be the floating portal I mentioned earlier. Please don't enter it, who knows where you'll end up! :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I can't reach the server for quite some time now.. anyone else having this issue too?
You caught me :lol:

Server is now updated to 1.1. Have fun!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Actually, the server was down for a somewhere between 3 and 8 hours this morning. No idea why. It started up fine, so I didn't need to restore a backup, although it did get a warning about the nether, so if anyone has any issues in the nether let me know and I'll restore a backup.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Capes are updated to 1.1. Here.

Anyone who already had a cape doesn't need to do anything but install that. If you want a cape, and don't have one, or want yours changed, send me a pm or message me on #mc. :)

jedimaster1214

CDR-LMP-CMP
Reaction score
Work on the shuttle continues....

Shuttle's Tail, and the OMS pods:
2012-01-25_16.14.27.png

Payload Bay:
2012-01-25_16.13.54.png

Mid-Deck:
2012-01-25_16.13.46.png

Flight Deck: (Almost looks like we're in space!)
2012-01-25_15.35.22.png

Look at all the Mobs!:
2012-01-23_16.09.15.png

Last edited: