Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Blane, what you have done to construct above the clouds?

I did not build it (I am not insane), see the Minecraft thread. There are mods available to increase height.

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
My slime farm is up and running :) Should I widen the room? Right now is 16x16 with a 7 high ceiling.

a>

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Nv2j5.png

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My slime farm is up and running :) Should I widen the room? Right now is 16x16 with a 7 high ceiling.

a>

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Nv2j5.png

You should put some glowstone in the floor, so other mobs don't spawn there.

Slimes only spawn in slime spawning chunks. If there is no extra slime spawning chunk nearby, there's no need to widen the room.

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
This will be very useful when I decide to engineer the purge function on my moat!

Flip lever, blocks retract, lava flood the moat. Mobs die.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
I tried twice and failed horribly twice. Lost a diamond sword too (damn ghast).

I didn't feel much like MC today, otherwise I would have helped you. I prefer hunting for Glowstone in a team (arrowstar knows what I mean). One guy is basically bodyguarding with a bow and lots of arrows to keep the Ghasts at bay, also putting up walls on platforms for protection. Other person just builds platforms and bridges to Glowstone and harvests.

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
When I get back on after work tonight ill see if someone wants to come with me. Otherwise I'm bringing a chest and when I get to the remnants of the platform I'm dumping everything except netherrack and a pick. Ill see if I can get some walls up. Hopefully I won't be contending with 2 ghasts like last time lol.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
When I get back on after work tonight ill see if someone wants to come with me. Otherwise I'm bringing a chest and when I get to the remnants of the platform I'm dumping everything except netherrack and a pick. Ill see if I can get some walls up. Hopefully I won't be contending with 2 ghasts like last time lol.

Ghasts only take 2 shots from a bow to kill, and you can knock their fireballs back. Fairly easy to kill, in the grand scheme of things.

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Ghasts only take 2 shots from a bow to kill, and you can knock their fireballs back. Fairly easy to kill, in the grand scheme of things.

True, but if you're suspended in air on a 1x1 bridge 60 blocks above lava and two ghasts are around you, the scheme get's pretty small :lol:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
My homestead has made some progress, and it has a new resident!

ooABth.jpg

The new house you see in the background here belongs to the one and only FSXHD! He moved in yesterday, and has been very helpful in resource gathering and farm improvements. As you can see, our farm has substantially grown since my last post. He also helped in fencing off our homestead, which was a big help (some of the regulars are familiar with my mob troubles :lol:)

Ot2aOh.jpg

My house also has some improveme.... hey what's that lever?

vAqt5h.jpg

It opens a trapdoor to my super secret basement!

MuuOph.jpg

Not much aside from the communal enchantment table right now, but expansions are easy!

I welcome any and all visitors, and there is plenty of room on the island if you want to move in! My only request is you keep the houses in the same architecture style you see here, wood and white wool.

Album

Last edited:

ElTaco

Reaction score
Hielor, that stronghold I found... you were wrong, a fully intact ender portal exists. The fact that the ender eyes didn't lead here seems to suggest theres something wrong with it, however.

Just found it today, before i fell in lava.

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ender eyes are glitched out a bit. Sometimes they point to a seemingly random location where there is no stronghold.

The good thing about strongholds is that if you find one, you can estimate where the other two will be. Find the location of the end portal, the other two are spaced 120° angle away, with x = 0, z = 0 being the center. The distance is between 640 to 1152 block radius out. That gives you a general area where to look.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hielor, that stronghold I found... you were wrong, a fully intact ender portal exists. The fact that the ender eyes didn't lead here seems to suggest theres something wrong with it, however.

Just found it today, before i fell in lava.

Seems like Eyes of Ender only point towards one stronghold. In this case, the one west of Communia. :shrug:

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
How far apart do nether portals on the overworld need to be in order not to interfere with each other?