Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I am looking to acquire:
20 sticky piston
36 glowstone

Go to Witch Farm at north-east (for glowstone and redstone) and to Iron Farm west from Sky City (for iron).

Witch Farm should produce some small amount of slimeballs, too, but you can usually get more by visiting any other swamp (if there are no siimeballs left the farm's chests), like for example the one around Golden Mirror base (Gold Farm portal), where you can by the way get some cobble while you wait for slimes spawning.

(All these locations are linked with Nether Rail Network, so you can move between them within just one day.)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Are there some problems with the server or its Internet access now?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
No idea. I'll check when I get home from work.

As usual, until I learn otherwise, I'm inclined to blame the cat.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Server went down unexpectedly almost exactly two days ago from the time of this post.

According to the logs, nobody had logged on since the previous backup taken two hours before, so I restored the server to that backup as a precautionary measure against the chunk errors that Minecraft loves to cause when it gets shut down improperly.

Server's back up and seems to be working properly now.

In other news, apparently we have to load every single chunk on the server in 1.6.4 before going to 1.7? WTF, Minecraft? Does anyone know any more information about that sort of thing?

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That makes no sense. Why would you have to load all the chunks on the server before upgrading? That's not even feasible in many cases.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
It's what the message for 1.6.4 seems to suggest:
This update fixes world generation bugs that would appear in 1.7. It is recommended that you use this version and load up important areas of your world before heading into Minecraft 1.7.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
In other news, apparently we have to load every single chunk on the server in 1.6.4 before going to 1.7? WTF, Minecraft? Does anyone know any more information about that sort of thing?
Going straight from 1.6.2 to 1.7.0 doesn't transfer spawn locations of witches, blazes and wither skeletons with the associated structures (and any other mobs spawning only in generated structures, if there are more) because of changed world generator. Version 1.6.4 fixes that by saving the structure locations in the save game.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Sounds like it's time to break out the TNT and start a new world. ;)
Is there enough interest in the server, however?
We blow it up, and it might just sink for good.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is there enough interest in the server, however?
We blow it up, and it might just sink for good.

Could a person theoretically restart the world but copy important buildings into it via mcedit?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Going straight from 1.6.2 to 1.7.0 doesn't transfer spawn locations of witches, blazes and wither skeletons with the associated structures (and any other mobs spawning only in generated structures, if there are more) because of changed world generator. Version 1.6.4 fixes that by saving the structure locations in the save game.
The implication from this part seems to be that it only actually works if you manually visit the locations you care about:
It is recommended that you use this version and load up important areas of your world before heading into Minecraft 1.7.

But with the way you explain it, this'll just break automated farms? Good riddance! :lol:

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
No, don't blow up the server! There was so much artistic value invested, it is worth saving. At least for sight seeing purposes!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Blowing up the server was (hopefully) not a serious suggestion and is certainly not something I would ever support.

I'll see if I can find out more about how to transition cleanly to 1.7 without needing to load every chunk...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Awww.
And i was about to build an orbital bombardment facility at Delta Crateris...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Meanwhile, on C&C: Minecraft...

[highlight]Particle Cannon Ready for Deployment[/highlight]

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Spawn more overlords.
overlordscreenie01_5222_screenshot.jpg

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Who did break glowstone behind the portal in my lighthouse again (and forgot to close all doors behind them, too)?

A reminder: The button to open the portal's gate is at the left side after you've crossed the portal from Nether.

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Who did break glowstone behind the portal in my lighthouse again (and forgot to close all doors behind them, too)?

A reminder: The button to open the portal's gate is at the left side after you've crossed the portal from Nether.

It was me. I got stuck and scared and had full inventory. I have some glow stone though...

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just noticed that someone has completely explored the eastern borderlands. Are you guys planing to update to 1.7?

Oh and by the way could you name the siberian wasteland in the east New Shetland?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
It was me. I got stuck and scared and had full inventory. I have some glow stone though...
No worries, I have enough glowstone (some 3 stacks). Maybe I should rebuild the gate to make 1 block room after you exit from portal.

I just noticed that someone has completely explored the eastern borderlands. Are you guys planing to update to 1.7?
I'm uncovering the black patches on the map, for the time I'm not in mood to finish sails on my pirate ship at west (I explored north and south-east by boat in July or August, and only left the landmass at east). The next will be south-west. It was meant for eventual update to 1.7 after I saw the new worldgen images.

Oh and by the way could you name the siberian wasteland in the east New Shetland?
Well, I actually finished that part, but I can visit Winterhold again before I start exploring south-west border.