Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:welcome:

Feel free to find a nice plot of land and start building. Do check the rules (on the OP?) to ensure that you understand where free building is allowed, though. :)

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Here's the mock up of the next university building I'm going to do. It'll be a library, I believe, with a garden on top for reading.

2013_05_12_15_26_40.png

The other four sides of the building will be essentially this, so I haven't completed those.

Staiduk

Reaction score
Added you.

Thank you. I'll probably try to come on on Wednesday; the first day I have free. :)

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

:welcome:

Feel free to find a nice plot of land and start building. Do check the rules (on the OP?) to ensure that you understand where free building is allowed, though.

I will, Arrowstar. This is a very long thread; but I'll try to follow all dictates. :)

Staiduk

Reaction score
Thanks! Think I'll wander in and take a quick boo; I've got a little time before I go to bed. I won't try interacting at all untill I have a better chance to get a feel for the place both in-game and on this massive thread. :)

Edit: Holy Moses that's astounding! Wandered around the port a little; admired a few buildings and got shot at by a skeleton - spent one day-night cycle there; no more for now. What an incredible city! Can't imagine what it's like when it's populated. :) I hope people don't mind but I'm going to have lots of questions before and during my own build. (And I'd better practice off-line too; you guys make my best castle look clunky and awkward.)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hielor, your server is down or something. Did the cat unplug something again? :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hielor, your server is down or something. Did the cat unplug something again? :p
No idea. I'm still at work, so I'll check when I get home in an hour or so.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

Server seems to be working again.

As always, let me know if you run into any issues.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Was it the cat? I bet it was the cat. Darn cat!

EDIT: Thanks! :D

Gerdih

Reaction score
The question is; how the hell I get there? I dont know how you construct that, you must teleport because I have never been able to find any stairs to go there.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Its a bit of a glitch. you stand in the doorway with the trap door, close the trap door so your basically standing IN it, then log out and log back in again, and the server will bump you up to the top. To get down again just jump into the sea.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
If you write about Sky City's trapdoor teleportation (and I think you write about it, because the Sky City University from screenshot above is too far from edge of the plate to jump directly into sea), then it's broken since around MC 1.3.1 or something. It teleports down instead of up, and sometimes causes suffocation. Currently preferred way of getting to Sky City is through Nether.

I haven't been to the Sky City University for a month or two, though, so I don't know how to get at the top of it.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So there's no way up to the top of the dome yet. If you want to get up there, you have to dirt your way up lol :)

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Or use some of the huge amount of ender pearls that are available.

Gerdih

Reaction score
Its a bit of a glitch. you stand in the doorway with the trap door, close the trap door so your basically standing IN it, then log out and log back in again, and the server will bump you up to the top. To get down again just jump into the sea.

lol of course I know how to get to the plate since I am one of the builders of the city xd. I was talking about the dome of the University, I see I will have to use some dirt!

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
lol of course I know how to get to the plate since I am one of the builders of the city xd. I was talking about the dome of the University, I see I will have to use some dirt!

Sorry! Internal stairs coming shortly (maybe a week or two). :)

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, things are intresting in here ! I want to be on the whitelist too ! If you want ...
IGN: SolarLinerGames
See you !

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ghost towns, ghost cities, ghost server...
Finals season, summer, late-year days, and finally, winter. So, 4-5 months before the next server population peak?

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
So, 4-5 months before the next server population peak?
I will be probably back in a week or so. I haven't even had time to post spaceflight news on O-F for the last couple of weeks. :p