help with model permissions.

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
Who would I ask or does anyone have the older shuttle Atlantis MG models. I need open, closed, and active in obj or 3ds format to edit some thing in max. I am wanting to do a few addons but need to be able to use them out of the program in the editor.. Can someone help. All credits and props will go appropriately and be given.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean the older shuttle Atlantis MG model? Meshwizard I think can save in 3ds?

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
First of all, if you're using 3dsMax, there is MSH import / export script for it, that allows you to import MSH files directly to 3ds max, and then export them to MSH format.

MGAtlantis is texture name for default orbiter's Atlantis (2010). I'm not sure, but I think in Orbiter 2006 there was MGAtlantis mesh file. I might be wrong, as it was 8+ years ago.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
MGAtlantis was developed by Michael "Preacher" Grosberg. Hasn't been around here for years.

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
The only issue there isn't converting to 3d that's been the easy part. Once I covert it there is no materials library so when I attempt to add some of the old skins they end up skewed, because theres no mapping to tell them where to go. thats why I wish that I had a 3ds model already rendered with the textures in place outside and in the cockpit so that I could then export it in OBJ. port it into the sim and make the sml. So I need the model in 3ds. I am not good enough yet so until then I could use some old skins or skins that have been made to match, and be able to switch them in and out.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Same issue I am having with a model of a tower that I am working on with permission and credits given, to use in another free sim.. Because there is no materials library and only the textures they will go on each piece but not properly, and end up skewed at best. While I am getting ALOT better I am definitely still a noob in the 3D modeling world.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you load it in meshwizard. you can save it as a 3ds or in anim8or and it should keep the materials.