Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some tutorials / advice.

I am trying to create a vessel class using Visual Studio 2022. I have always used Visual Studio 2010 and am familiar with the project configuration settings.

In VS 2022, I cannot seem to create the right environment for addon development for Orbiter, I get strange errors linking me back to the OrbiterSDK, particularly regarding converting const char to char... I am pretty sure there is something simple in my configuration settings I am missing, but I am just going round in circles now. Is anyone able to point me in the direction of any tutorials / advice?

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any help.

Blake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Make sure you are using C++ Language Standard of c++ 14 or 17. I get those linking/compile errors if set to c++ 20.

I am also using the Platform toolset 'Visual Studio 2022 (v143)'

Those settings are in the project configuration under 'general'. Otherwise, I am using VS 2022 ok. (community edition)

Ericman832

Reaction score
If your setting up Atlantis_2017.sln from SSU 4.2 You must require to use Visual Studios 2017 C++ but you must follow the steps gradually in order to have it up to date on Orbiter 2016.
Quick Note: DaveS recommends you use D3D9 client for Orbiter_ng in order for realistic and fast graphics.