Hello

Atkara

Reaction score
Hello from here too.

Been checking Orbiter since version 2006 IIRC, but never sat seriously down to study it. I suppose the mind wasn't ready.

Years later, I came across Kerbal Space Program, upon which I poured enough hours to finally understand at least some of the basics.

Last weekend, I picked up Orbiter again. I still have a lot to learn, before saying that I made a proper transition, but things are different, this time around.

Much different :)

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

:cheers:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

Atkara

Reaction score
Thank you all.

I'm gradually getting the hang of it -mainly MFD familiarization. After a couple of days watching Dave's tutorials, I took the DG to the ISS, the Moon and last night, Mars. Didn't perform an aerobraking, but I have kept an earlier save which I'll use to practice just that.

Getting there :)

Zandy12

Add-on Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hello! I have been a fan of Orbiter since 2006 as well. One of the best communities out there! :D

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
...After a couple of days watching Dave's tutorials, I took the DG to the ISS, the Moon and last night, Mars...
GRADUALLY???
a COUPLE of days?!?!?! It took me a couple of years!!!
You're on a good track!

There's something going on with these Orbiteers from Greece!

Atkara

Reaction score
It took me a couple of years!!!

Technically, it took me the same. I was just learning on a different platform if I may -which is why I mentioned my KSP background. There, I eventually did a lot of rendezvous/docking ops and interplanetary transfers, including at some point, slingshots (gravity assists).

But there's a huge difference between doing things by dragging vectors on KSP's maneuver node gizmo and doing the same through MFDs. This transition was and still is, the biggest challenge I'm facing right now in Orbiter -not to mention that as it turns out, I wasn't doing certain things as properly as I thought I was. But I'm getting there, I'm learning :)