Hello from Germany!

Kartoffelkuchen

Reaction score
Hello dear Community!
Yeah, I'm 'Kartoffelkuchen', (almost) 14 years old and I'm from Germany.:hello: So, I've heard from Orbiter through Kerbal Space Program. KSP is a fantastic game, but I'm looking for something more realistic here, and I found this, and it looks like, I found the right game.:thumbup:
I'm also trying myself in some 3D modelling, here're some renders of my current project, a Delta II by United Launch Alliance:
http://imgur.com/a/99OJR

Now, I couldn't play this game up to now. Everything is nicely installed, BUT:
When I run the game, it says:
"Runtime Error - The Runtime Library was forced an unusual way to quit", something in that direction. Does anyone out there knows what I can do there? :/ Because I would love to play that game!:hailprobe:

Greetings, Kartoffelkuchen

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now, I couldn't play this game up to now. Everything is nicely installed, BUT:
When I run the game, it says:
"Runtime Error - The Runtime Library was forced an unusual way to quit", something in that direction. Does anyone out there knows what I can do there? :/ Because I would love to play that game!:hailprobe:

Well, as you can expect, there are some standard questions for trouble-shooting:

Which operating system, GPU, etc... the usual configuration stuff.

Then, it would be interesting to know: How did you install Orbiter? Where did you download it, did you install a vanilla one or did you already install add-ons? Which version of Orbiter did you install?

Finally, Orbiter writes a small log file everytime you start it, called "Orbiter.log", it resides in the same directory as "Orbiter.exe". Can you copy and paste its contents into a post here, between a [CODE] and a [/CODE] tag?

Kartoffelkuchen

Reaction score
Well, as you can expect, there are some standard questions for trouble-shooting:

Which operating system, GPU, etc... the usual configuration stuff.

Then, it would be interesting to know: How did you install Orbiter? Where did you download it, did you install a vanilla one or did you already install add-ons? Which version of Orbiter did you install?

Finally, Orbiter writes a small log file everytime you start it, called "Orbiter.log", it resides in the same directory as "Orbiter.exe". Can you copy and paste its contents into a post here, between a [CODE] and a [/CODE] tag?
I am running Orbiter on a 64bit Windows 7 installation. 12GB RAM, Intel i5, CPU @ 2x 2.6GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000.
I downloaded Orbiter from here (--> http://orbitersimulator.com/orbiter-2010-downloads/ ) and I've choosen the Orbiter 2010 Base .zip file. I haven't got any mods installed.
Here's the log content:

Code:
**** Orbiter.log
Build Aug 30 2010 [v.100830]
Timer precision: 3.94727e-007 sec
Found 0 joystick(s)
Devices enumerated: 4
Devices accepted: 3
==> RGB Emulation
==> Direct3D HAL
==> Direct3D HAL (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000)
Module AtlantisConfig.dll .... [Build 100830, API 100830]
Module AtmConfig.dll ......... [Build 100830, API 100830]
Module DGConfigurator.dll .... [Build 100830, API 100830]

**** Creating simulation session
DirectDraw interface OK
Direct3D interface OK
Graphics: Viewport: Fullscreen 1366 x 768 x 16
Graphics: Hardware T&L capability: No
Graphics: Z-buffer depth: 16 bit
Graphics: Active lights supported: -1

Also, here's an image of the error message: http://i.imgur.com/ZLeVWgD.png

Hope you can help me:jiggy:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Welcome to OF!

You could try moving Orbiter's folder out of your desktop, and putting it into something like C:\games\Orbiter.

Edit:
After reading Scav's reply (about MaxLights), my suggestion appears quite useless...

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
From the log, it looks like the GPU has a problem with the lights... Try turning off "local light sources" in the launchpad and see if that helps.

Also, that's some impressive english for a 14 years old german... I've seen 14 years old americans that don't write this well. :thumbup:

Kartoffelkuchen

Reaction score
Thank's jedidia and Scav! It works now!:cool: And also a thanks to jedidia for your compliment..:blush:

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Kartoffelkuchen,

Funny name :)
Welcome to Orbiter Forum! Have a good time!

Greetings from NRW

Chris

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
From the log, it looks like the GPU has a problem with the lights... Try turning off "local light sources" in the launchpad and see if that helps.

Also, that's some impressive english for a 14 years old german... I've seen 14 years old americans that don't write this well. :thumbup:

Come on jedidia, everyone knows that the only people with worse English than Americans are the English. ;)

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score
Hello Kartoffelkuchen,
Welcome to Orbiter Forum!

@Koloss du wohnst ja nur eine Stadt von mir entfernt, das ist echt zufall!

Oh, ein Nachbar! Krass :) Ja, von Krefeld nach Kempen ist's nun nicht wirklich weit :cheers: