Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
This is what the alert selection interface actually looked like:

v6Hv6Rq.jpg

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
If that JPEG is true, then it was intentionally meant to be a drill, as opposed to something out of the blue.

What a drill indeed.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If that JPEG is true, then it was intentionally meant to be a drill, as opposed to something out of the blue.

What a drill indeed.

Yeah - I would have added a dedicated "training" switch there and change the color of the application window, when training mode is active, so its easy to see if a real emergency happens....

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Whatever the real interface looks like, it requires the employee to click through a second warning prompt before sending out the alert, according to state emergency officials.

I've heard sources that claimed that that prompt doesn't actually repeat the action you're about to take. It just asks "are you sure you want to do this?" or somesuch.
No confirmation, though.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm imagining the microsoft paperclip popping up...

"It looks like you are trying to activate the Emergency Alert system. Would you like help with this?"

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
NHK = Japan's public broadcast service = kinda the Japanese government.

steph

Reaction score
A bit unrelated to the NK crisis, but I found this gem a few days ago. Made in documentary style, it shows a possible escalation to nuclear war if USSR would have gone with a bang instead of a fizzle. I still don't agree that they would have launched. Somebody would have backed down. Grab some popcorn :cheers:

[ame="http://youtu.be/J8MYM2B4qok"]World War Three 3 Nuclear War Documentary - YouTube[/ame]