Problem Grappling OBSS with SRMS in SF

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
While playing the STS-126 missions for Shuttle Fleet I encountered the following problem. I have taken some pictures and will let them do the explaining.

I set up the SRMS to grapple the OBSS and then as soon as I grapple it, it goes into the middle of the shuttle bay. When I move the SRMS the OBSS moves slightly as shown in the third picture.

I really have no idea what this is. I have seen in the FD4 simulation for the STS-126 exp. pack the OBSS properly attached. Do you think it is some add-on that might be conflicting?? :(

Attachments

• before1.JPG
    before1.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 35
  • after1.JPG
    after1.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 30
  • proof1.JPG
    proof1.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
There is no problem. This is supposed to happen. It is because you haven't activated the OBSS properly. You are grappling the OBSS while it is still attached to the MPMs. Do the following, in this order.

1. Press F3 & switch focus to "OBSS_MPMs"
2. Hold down left-shift, & then hold down numpad 2 until the OBSS is fully swung out.
3. Switch to shuttle & move the RMS to the grapple target on the OBSS, but DO NOT GRAPPLE!
4. Switch back to "OBSS_MPMs" & Hold down left-shift, & then press A.
5. Switch back to Shuttle & grapple OBSS.

I think this is how it works, it is all explained in the manual for it anyway..

-Pete

caningo

Developer-in-training
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
There is no problem. This is supposed to happen. It is because you haven't activated the OBSS properly. You are grappling the OBSS while it is still attached to the MPMs. Do the following, in this order.

1. Press F3 & switch focus to "OBSS_MPMs"
2. Hold down left-shift, & then hold down numpad 2 until the OBSS is fully swung out.
3. Switch to shuttle & move the RMS to the grapple target on the OBSS, but DO NOT GRAPPLE!
4. Switch back to "OBSS_MPMs" & Hold down left-shift, & then press A.
5. Switch back to Shuttle & grapple OBSS.

I think this is how it works, it is all explained in the manual for it anyway..

-Pete

Thanks mate. :speakcool:

I had no idea this was the way to go about it. And just for the record, there is no manual for the OBSS as far as I know. I got it from the SU sts-122 exp. pack.

Got some more information from the sp3 manual. It tells you how to select attachments, release the arm, etc. Very informative i might add.

Anyways thanks for taking the time. Hopefully this post will help others who encounter the same problem later on.

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Where can I find the manual for the OBSS? I've looked in all the expansion packs I have for the Shuttle Fleet (David413) as well as the Space Shuttle Ultra and the packages for STS-122,124, & 126 without finding it.

Ben