Gaming FSX challenges...

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
The freeware download is almost as fast as OHM, and that's pretty fast. I used them to download several additional aircraft, like the Goodyear Blimp. that was fun!

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
there was one site that said, 'yeah we'll let you download our files, but we'll give it to you at 10 Kb a every few seconds...'

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
there was one site that said, 'yeah we'll let you download our files, but we'll give it to you at 10 Kb a every few seconds...'

So? Fire off the download and go do something else or minimise it and dos omething else on the internet. It's not exactly going to eat up all your bandwidth.

As for challenges, Does anyone here use FlightSim Passengers? I found that hard to fly with at first but enjoy the challenge it presents of flying properly.

Last edited:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
I'll take you up on challenge #3

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Challenge #3 completed. I had to take off at full thrust from Runway 15, and try not to stall while climbing so I didn't crash into the mountains. Then I circled for a while, and then landed at Runway 33. I used FS2002, since FSX is somehow not working.

Getting ready to take off

Take off (dont ask why i ran out of runway)

Climbing to 12,000 feet

Circling

Final approach

Touchdown

At gate

Last edited:

mjessick

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
or, ... doing any simple task online, in front of everyone, while exposed to the variability that all those other people put into the system.

Keatah

Reaction score
A crosswind landing right at the gate! Not actually realistic, but really fun to do!

Chub777

Reaction score
Challenge 3 sounds the easiest, so I'll give that a shot.

EDIT: So far...

Attempt 1-Crashed into a tree during take off.
Attempt 2-So far so good...until I stalled during final approach and crashed just before the runway (somehow the pictures won't upload-they'll be online soon)

I'll make a 3rd attempt using an A320.

Last edited:

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
or, ... doing any simple task online, in front of everyone, while exposed to the variability that all those other people put into the system.

Or, FS2002 does not work the way FSX does, so multiplayer is not possible with an FSX server.

Chub777

Reaction score
Challenge 3 Attempt 3-A320s are hard to turn. I just gave up after banking too much during final.

Attempt 4-I used a 737 this time. Everything went well until I crashed during landing.

Attempt 5-Luckily I saved just before landing on attempt 4. This time I landed right on the strip and came to a full stop with half a runway to spare.

EDIT: Attempt 5 landing pictures:

2011-11-7_20-59-18-911.png

2011-11-7_20-59-57-330.png

Last edited:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
As for challenges, Does anyone here use FlightSim Passengers? I found that hard to fly with at first but enjoy the challenge it presents of flying properly.
You mean this? I use it, actually bought the full version some time back, I highly recommend it to add that bit of fun to your simming.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
challenge #1----------

Shutoff the engines on a fully loaded 737-800 (stock version) at 35,000 feet, and land without harm (note, must be done in 15 MPH crosswind) NO ENGINE RESTART

This would be almost the same as the "Limited Options" Mission then.

challenge #2----------
fly from KLAX to KDEN to KDFW as quick as possible, and with as little fuel stops as possible (must complete a touch and go landing at each waypoint)

I did this in IRIS's F-22 with out Refueling and did a full landing at Denver then taxied to the other end of the runway to take off. In 1:50 with real world weather.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

challenge #3 (credit: Lambo)-------

Take an Airbus A320 or Boeing 737 (default one or third party) and land at Paro, Bhutan (ICAO: VQPR)

Not that hard in an Airbus A320 (FSX default), Just don't attempt it at max landing weight, i did it with 50% payload and 60% fuel. Air brakes and reverse trust is a must.

Last edited:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
You mean this? I use it, actually bought the full version some time back, I highly recommend it to add that bit of fun to your simming.

Yes, that's it. It adds a lot of ambient sounds and other things. The flight attendant cockpit visits are always good and some of the passenger announcements are hilarious - its worth changing to voices just to hear all of them.

Ark

Reaction score
What is the key assignment for time acceleration, and how can I change it? I reinstalled FSX and started playing around with it again. I'm starting to remember why I walked away from it, the control layouts are insane and not intuitive AT ALL.

Chub777

Reaction score
Challenge 2 seems the next easiest. I'll do it now.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What is the key assignment for time acceleration, and how can I change it?

"R" for simulation rate, then use = and - to change it.

Ark

Reaction score
"R" for simulation rate, then use = and - to change it.

Thanks. Not much fun doing long hauls in real time.

Just finished a 60 mile Trimotor hop in real time, from Indy International to my hometown airport. Pretty simple from a navigation standpoint, but I managed it without disaster. :lol: