OHM Fluffy Cloud Generator

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
JMW, no not guite. I mean just the contrails that aircraft have left after they have passed over, that you see in the sky. The ones that seem to last for hours.
It has nothing to do with any Orbiter aircraft.
Similar to how Brianj has done the clouds, but instead of clouds there will be a couple of contrails.
Sorry If Ive hijacked the thread.
Oh, the engine exhaust contrails, such as these
Engine_exhaust_condensation.jpg

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
:threadjacked: Computerex had something that made contrails, it worked OK in Orbiter '06. I've not tried it with Orbiter '10 (it has a sonic boom also, but Dan took care of that with Sound 4.0). [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3508"]Computerex Add-on Pack[/ame]

(We now return you to your regular thread)

Just did some touch-n-go's at CSSC with these clouds overhead. BrainJ you've done it again!
It really adds to the ambiance, and it's not killing my frame rate at all. Very, very nice addition :cheers:

eldorim

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Great addon! I really missed that for ages. :cheers:
But I've got one issue: Since I installed this addon my orbiter window constantly minimizes to desktop all 20 seconds, i guess.

Has someone any ideas about this?

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Great addon! I really missed that for ages. :cheers:
But I've got one issue: Since I installed this addon my orbiter window constantly minimizes to desktop all 20 seconds, i guess.

Has someone any ideas about this?
I haven't heard of this bug before - no idea what might cause it, I'm afraid :-(

Are you using Orbiter2010-P1?
What operating system does your PC use?
Have you tried the add-on in a clean Orbiter installation? (maybe there is a conflict with another add-on)

All the best,
Brian

eldorim

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! I just played another game and it happened there, too, so it's not a bug from this addon.
Found out, it was some of my system tools. :blush:

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi Brian J!
Do you plan to make a new version of Fluffy Cloud Generator for Orbiter Beta/next Orbiter?
That greatly increases the realism, it is a beautiful add-on:thumbup:.
Regards.
Hi,
glad you like it! Certainly, I can update this when the next Orbiter version is released (I can't keep up with all the Beta releases!).

The current version works on my OrbiterBeta(r.35 I think), just need to increase the CloudDiffusion parameter in the CloudGenerator.cfg to 2.0 - 2.5
Code:
CloudDiffusion = 2.5
Cheers,
Brian