Project Flight Data Monitor + Horizontal and Vertical Velocity

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi there,

I would like to share the (very minor) changes I've made to martins original 'Flight Data Monitor' that were requested by SuprunP in the
Flight Data Monitor with an MFD Interface + Horizontal and Vertical Velocity request-issue.

So here it is: "Flight Data Monitor 'Plus'" ;)

It just has added one more graph and log (horizontal & vertical airspeed)
...As I said, very minor.
Additional it includes the proposed 'fix' for issue 869.

This is *not* something that I would claim as my own. It's still so much of martins code, that I don't think I should even write my name into the source code ;)
Nevertheless, some ideas that might come up here might end up in the 'official' "Flight Data Monitor" after all.

By the way: The module is linked against "Orbiter-2010-P1 (100830)" API
/Kuddel

Attachments

• FlightDataPlus.zip
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Flight Data Monitor 'Plus' (RC1)

Hi there,

here's my next step for the Flight Data Monitor 'Plus'

I've added an option to select whether to log the data as usual (.log) or as CSV-values (.csv)

So now you can choose what format the data is exported to when you click on the "Log" button.

Note, that adding or removing graphs while file-logging is active will result in CSV-files that have more or less columns. Some Programms you might want to use (EXCEL(TM), LibreOffice-Calc,...) might not like that in the first place ;)
But it's easy to draw nice graphs with them now!

Again, this is linked against "Orbiter-2010-P1 (100830)" API
If however someone likes to have it for 2006, you can either compile it for yourself, or ask me to do it for you :thumbup:

Have fun,
Kuddel

*** Code Changes ***
- First CSV/LOG-able version
- re-layout to fix the "empty item" problem (seems to be associated with the LBS_NOINTEGRALHEIGHT property of LISTBOX...)
- fixed resize-bug after removal of last graph (dialog got to small in height) [This one's present in matrins original Flight Data Monitor as well]
- prepared resources (log-format selector added)
- Minor Log-File format fixed
- column alignment/header unified
- multiple newlines in file-header removed
- statically linked RTLs to avoid incompatibilities as much as possible

*** Planned Improvments ***
- none ;)
- oh, wait...maybe an option to disable or 'minimize' the online-graphs, so that the Dialog will not spread all over the place (too high)

Attachments

• FlightDataPlus(RC1).zip
    95.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: