Fastest ship real and sci-fi

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Just add spiral in between Closest and galaxy to avoid the cringe.

Also why is Andromeda Ascendant not in the list? "she can fly between the three galaxies all day and be back for tea"

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I disagree with the list... The Heart of Gold should be at the top, it's propulsion methodology would make it arrive (somewhere at least and possibly in the form of a hot fudge sundae with cherries and cookie sprinkles on top) before any other ship, even if that ship were faster; simply due to the fantastic probability that the other ship was faster would make the HOG arrive first. (I thought all of this in the "guides" voice as I typed it out).

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Does anyone else find it funny that the two fastest vessels, the TARDIS and the heart of gold, also have the tendancy to be a little unreliable? In the case of the TARDIS it may well not make it and in the case of the heart of gold it may well get to it's destination but it may also turn its crew into sperm whales just because.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it funny that the two fastest vessels, the TARDIS and the heart of gold, also have the tenancy to be a little unreliable? In the case of the TARDIS it may well not make it and in the case of the heart of gold it may well get to it's destination but it may also turn its crew into sperm whales just because.

Well the concept of "arriving" is somewhat muddled with the TARDIS. ;)

I dont get to see much Doctor Who here in North America, but the episodes I do see are usually dynamite. Why cant the CBC produce something amazing like that? :beathead:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well the concept of "arriving" is somewhat muddled with the TARDIS. ;)

I dont get to see much Doctor Who here in North America, but the episodes I do see are usually dynamite. Why cant the CBC produce something amazing like that? :beathead:

The CBC: a letter down from the BBC. ;)

Columbia42

Reaction score
Definitely agree with the TARDIS being the fastest, I mean, it's a time machine, you can be at your destination before you left! But the Heart of Gold does not travel instantaneously, I mean it does once you turn on the improbability drive, but that apparently takes some doing and contributes to longer trips, as per the book. As far as the Battlestar Galactica, it may make instantaneous jumps as well, but the calculations for jumps can take days, as shown often in the series, and all sorts of stuff must be done before and after any jump, as evidenced by the constant pressure to get another jump set up before the Cylons arrive.

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Galactica's drive is also limited in range, you can't jump anywhere. It also needs time to recharge and realign, apparently. Cylon basestars have better jump drives but even them have limitations.

The TARDIS is implied (and eventually revealed) to have a mind of its own. It takes the Doctor where he's needed, not where he wants to go, more often than not.