Advanced Question exchanging data between an MFD and an external aplication

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't know the specifics of the engine, but I don't see why it shouldn't be possible. Your app would be running in its own thread, just like jarmonik's interplanetary planner (which was I think also an Orbiter plug-in that used OpenGL).

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
just like jarmonik's interplanetary planner (which was I think also an Orbiter plug-in that used OpenGL).

did that somehow get released without me noticing? :blink:

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have heard of it a long time ago, yes. Seems it hasn't progressed much since then, pitty. But jarmonik has to set his own priorities.

Back in the days of the first anouncement I thought that it was a seperate aplication that communicates with an MFD just the way I was planning to do. I didn't realise that it's possible for Orbiter to operate two graphic engines at the same time...

Anyways, multi-threadding isn't something I'm familiar with either (and just hearing it runs shivers down my spine...). I'll have to look at the options with Face, who kindly offered to help me along with the connection and got the source code by now.

yagni01

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is this something the GenericMessage in Orbiter2010 could be used for? I just saw it mentioned and haven't looked at what it does. Maybe it could be a simple addition to Orb:Connect