disappearing ships

autopilotman

Crash Test Dummy
Reaction score
when i launch using any ship with stages whenever i separate these stages my ship disappears how do i fix this problem?

SlyCoopersButt

Reaction score
I've had a very similiar thing like that happen before with staged rockets where used up stages would vanish when jettisoned. I suspect it has something to do with installing an older stage related addon which may overwrite newer files related to staged vessels and cause that issue. But it's only my guess.

autopilotman

Crash Test Dummy
Reaction score
i tried the multistage 2 it didnt work but when i tried on another computer there were no problems but it being an old computer it was very laggy

Capt. Speirs

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Same problem here, main rocket would disappear right after 1st stage separation. So I did a fresh install with just the patches (including stage patch) still have the same problem, at 136 seconds the SRBs would separate and the at 150 seconds into the flight Atlantis would disappear.

Messed around with modules, still no solution. Then I tried it in windowed mode and it said I was missing a .dll. I remembered having a similar problem like this before with a racing sim. So I went to my racing sim, grabbed a couple of DLLs and now problem is solved. The files are msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll they are modules belonging to the Microsoft C Runtime Library. Don't know if you need both, but that is what worked for me. Just drop them in orbiter's root folder. Hope this helps.:cheers:

HisDaveness

Reaction score
Near clipping plane?

I get this too, with the Atlantis. Seems like the near clipping plane follows the boosters. If I zoom out, the shuttle comes into view again. The clipping plane also seems to reset once the boosters travel beyond a certain distance from the shuttle. Any graphics people out there, does this make sense?

Capt. Speirs

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm curious if it's a .dll issue or a visibility clipping issue. I've experienced the second (see http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=782) and the problem can be resolved by making sure the mesh size is defined correctly in the .cfg file.

If you suspect a .dll issue, drop the aforementioned DLLs in the root folder, if you don't need them, it won't hurt anything. The DLLs are used by many apps, you search your hardrive, you will find copies. Don't forget the Vynk DLLs, you might need those also.