Dick Winters Dies at age 92

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
This truely a punch while down. Gabrielle Gifford shooting, the flooding in my state now this. 2011 is not to a good start.
May Winters and his friend Nixon get up to hooligans in heaven. RIP.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I agree.
I was pondering watching the "Band of Brothers" in a marathon session as a small tribute this weekend maybe. I had a manager that watched the series and actually became a better manager using Winters as a role model.
It seems it might not matter what a person thinks of themselves. Sometimes more meaningfull is what the people around them say when they are not around to hear it. In which case, Dick Winters really was one hell of a man.

ryan

That guy
Reaction score
I agree.
I was pondering watching the "Band of Brothers" in a marathon session as a small tribute this weekend maybe. I had a manager that watched the series and actually became a better manager using Winters as a role model.
It seems it might not matter what a person thinks of themselves. Sometimes more meaningfull is what the people around them say when they are not around to hear it. In which case, Dick Winters really was one hell of a man.

Hear Hear, it's really spooky becuase i only just finished watching 'The Pacific' and i was thinking over to watch maybe Band of Brothers, decided might go on orbiter-forum to check up on it then this.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
There was an item on BBC Radio 4 Today programme(News, Current Affairs).
Major Richard "Dick" Winters, American hero of World War II and on whom the TV series Band of Brothers was based, died this week aged 92. Colonel Cole C Kingseed, former chief of Military History at the US Military Academy at West Point talked through some of his stories.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9362000/9362674.stm

they sometimes archive these and put thome on the website. I'll keep an eye out for it.

N.