Support Deltaglider-IV-2

DoyleChris

Reaction score
In orbit the main engines seems to be right in line with the forward motion of the ship. For example when i go to align planes i turn Anti-normal or Normal or North or South on the Earth and burn but normally when you do this your altitude dosent change and your INC changes. But for me My altitude changes. I am running the latest beta to test out the new ship and was wondering if it did the same thing for somebody else.

DoyleChris

Reaction score
Please refer to drawing.
While in orbit I thought that if you burn in the direction of X or Prograde At Eithier A or B it will change the altitude of the of your orbit (ApA/PeA). but also if you use translation thrusters in the orentation that your vechile is pointed towards the velocity vector with the top of the ship in the +Z direction and use the up and down thrusters it also would change the (ApA/PeA) but not INC. but if you point (Normal or AntiNormal) +Y or -Y and burn the maine engines or use the forward or back thrusters you will change the INC of a ship but not the altitude of the (ApA/PeA). only if the main engines are not inline with the X axis relative to the ship. It dosent matter if your at the Asecnding node or Descending node as long as your pointed Normal or AntiNormal.

attachment.php

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

I Did a simple test in orbitrer 2006 and 2009 beta it does the same thing it dosent matter where you are on your orbit you burn eithier Normal or AntiNormal your altitude changes depending what direction you burn.

Last edited:

TJohns

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you burn normal/anti-normal your orbit "rotates" - take the extreme of changing an equatorial orbit to a polar...orbit normal changes from due North to West! As it moves during the burn, the autopilot needs to keep making corrections to keep pointed in the right direction. These corrections are never perfect, as the node moves the nose of the craft is always playing catch-up. This means you'r no longer burning EXACTLY towards the normal and therefore have a slight prograde/retrograde deltaV as well, so your Apo/Peri altitudes will alter

Trev

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I've noticed this too, but the change is usually so small that it doesn't matter to much.

kevinvr

Reaction score
I've also noticed this. When I burned in orbit- my alt went from 287k to 386k.
I find that the arrow is more difficult and I find it difficult to maintain a steady orbit. I think I will start a new thread about it for help.:)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I've also noticed this. When I burned in orbit- my alt went from 287k to 386k.
I find that the arrow is more difficult and I find it difficult to maintain a steady orbit. I think I will start a new thread about it for help.:)
But... there is a thread... THIS one. And TJohns entirely explained things for you.

Mike Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi, Add-on peoples/orbinauts ! :salute:
My name is Mike, beginner of Orbiter, and new in this forum.
Please, give me some help. I use to "fly" with Orbiter 100606/ Delta Glider IV
Subject: autopilots:

1. When I use PROG400S18 (Alt+2) or PROG400S25(Alt+3) in a ALP (Approach & Landing Phase) to runaway, I loose controls of ship(altitude, direction,speed). Of coarse, the ship crashe.:beathead:. I can't control the pich, roll, bank. The ship control is set to ATM auto. Seems like manualy landing are more easy than auto.
One of the Orbinauts of forum sayd: " speed autopilots controls only the engines of the ship, the pilot have the control of pitch,bank, roll etc....." .
As I say, engaging this 2 autopilots, I lost completly the ship control.
Is there some "secret" settings of ship controls?

Respects,
Mike

Iberville

Reaction score
Hi, Add-on peoples/orbinauts ! :salute:
My name is Mike, beginner of Orbiter, and new in this forum.
Please, give me some help. I use to "fly" with Orbiter 100606/ Delta Glider IV
Subject: autopilots:

1. When I use PROG400S18 (Alt+2) or PROG400S25(Alt+3) in a ALP (Approach & Landing Phase) to runaway, I loose controls of ship(altitude, direction,speed). Of coarse, the ship crashe.:beathead:. I can't control the pich, roll, bank. The ship control is set to ATM auto. Seems like manualy landing are more easy than auto.
One of the Orbinauts of forum sayd: " speed autopilots controls only the engines of the ship, the pilot have the control of pitch,bank, roll etc....." .
As I say, engaging this 2 autopilots, I lost completly the ship control.
Is there some "secret" settings of ship controls?

Respects,
Mike

May I suggest, you could try the Go Play in Space tutorial in the - tutorials - page on this forum. It's a book in PDF format that is one of the best tool to learn to fly. For myself, I have been playing with this fabulous simulator for 2 months and at first, I stayed with the standard deltaglider to learn the basics and to understand what's goin on.
But it's only my opinion. Have fun playing in space!:thumbup:

Last edited: