Project D3D11Client Development

Screamer7

Reaction score
They are not the cause of the problem. Read some posts earlier in this thread - the case of "missing" textures is explained and they don't cause any problem, it's a part of base textures feature (night textures).

Alright, that is ruled out.
I did some more test, and here is what I found:
At about 300 seconds into the scenario I opened, I get the CTD.
I tried the stock DG, the new DG IV 3 and the XR5.
All of them give me the CTD at the time frame I mentioned.
I tried different scenarios.
The habana, Mars Olympus and Brighton beach scenarios.
All of them CTD at about 300 seconds.
There is something that trigger the CTD, and I do not know what.
In the orbiter.exe environment with the Orbiter Beta the CTD does not happen.

Last edited:

nhall72

Reaction score
HDR Rendering Issues?

And what about this?

Has anyone ever figured out what's causing the overpowered whitewashed HDR issue with the D3D11Client? I'm having the same problem on a GeForce GTX 580 with Forceware 310.90 drivers.

Some people seem to be having this problem and some people are not which leads me to believe it may by driver related but I've never found a posted solution or workaround.

I'd love to take the D3D11Client for a spin so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Frogisis

innn spaaaaace...ace...ace...!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.frogisis.com
Has anyone ever figured out what's causing the overpowered whitewashed HDR issue with the D3D11Client? I'm having the same problem on a GeForce GTX 580 with Forceware 310.90 drivers.

Some people seem to be having this problem and some people are not which leads me to believe it may by driver related but I've never found a posted solution or workaround.

I'd love to take the D3D11Client for a spin so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was having this for a long, long time, but a few updates ago it was fixed for me. I tried pretty much every combinitorial array of settings and several different drivers for my GTX570, but it really seemed to be something on the client end.

Issues I'm still having:
- Occasional misalignment of cloud layer hemisphere that's in shadow vs. planet surface hemisphere that's in shadow. (Seems to be common problem)
- Squares for Moon normal map or possibly texture at inconsistent detail levels, resulting in "chessboard" appearance (though I think everyone is having this with the normal maps)
- Exhaust stream particles are really small.
- Base structures still sometimes flat neon purple on loading, regardless of shutdown options.

nhall72

Reaction score
Interesting...

Could you tell me exactly which update you're using and which orbiter build? I thought I had the latest but maybe I missed something.

Also, what version of nvidia drivers are you running?

Thanks!

Screamer7

Reaction score
OK, this is driving me nuts now.
I reinstall the file orbiter100830.zip to this name:
C:\Orbiter 2010 P1 DX11a
I then copy the orbiter111105-100830diff.7z files to to c:\Orbiter P1 DX11a.
I then copy the files of the asmi-ovp-5583c998327f to c:\Orbiter P1 DX11a.
I did not install ANY add on at all.
I did not enable any plug in in the module tab except the DX11 tab.
I selected the stock DG scenario "DG-S to ISS"
I can choose any scenario for that matter.
And I still get that CTD about 100 to 300 seconds into the simulation.:beathead:
What can cause this?
Any help would be appreciated.
My computer is running Windows 8.
It is a Core I5 with 8 gb of ram and a nVidia 660 graphics card with the 310.90 drivers.
What baffled me the most is that I can run the D3D 9 client without any problems at all.
It is not overheating and surely nothing is wrong with my computer.
I can play FSX , Far cry, COD and many other games without a problem at all.

Last edited:

JWise

Reaction score
Hi there, I seem to be experiencing strange cloud lighting around Earth. Its like the day/night shading of the clouds are at a different angle to the day/night shading of the planet. Its a shame because the dx11client looks great but it really puts me off seeing black clouds over daylight and white clouds at night. Is this a common problem or have I done something wrong?

I did a clean installation of 100830 then patched to 111105. Then I downloaded dx11client as instructed and enabled it in modules. Only other additions I used was the hi-res Earth pack from the orbiter main site.

Can anyone enlighten me about my dodgy clouds? I can post pic if needed.

Kendo

Reaction score
If you load The Solar System / Earth views scenario, just rotate the Earth slightly, look at part than goes from day to night, it does look strange.

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Pretty nice view of night into day.

Dmitrtr

Reaction score

There is needed normal maps for clouds in Orbiter to look luxuriously like in this video!

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

i faced the problem (bug) with D3D11 Client, with shadow from my base. i create little planet few kilometres in diameter, on low orbit of mars, and huge base on in, but 5km from surface and i noticed shadow of base mesh on my little planet and far around it. It was clearly visible on the background of Mars. And shadow was big (because my base is big) and flat (not bend around little planet). And i would prefer to disable shadows for my scene, but i don't know how. So there is neded option to desable shadows from bases, because bases and planets can be so defferent in size, and some times shadows that renders in that way (but looks great on normal size planets:)) spoil the picture.

Astronut25

Reaction score
There is needed normal maps for clouds in Orbiter to look luxuriously like in this video!

Although Normal mapping would make the clouds look a lot better, Parallax mapping would be a far better choice, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement. It would make the coulds look 3d.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3U0SDFl-WU"]Detailed Surface Rendering 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Dmitrtr

Reaction score
Just joke of humor now - how about Orbiter on voxel technology, is this possible theoretically?:p

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just joke of humor now - how about Orbiter on voxel technology, is this possible theoretically?:p

Not to be mean, but I think your english needs a bit of work. I didnt understand a word of that or your sig. Can you try to explain them a little bit?

Deep Blue

Reaction score
Hey guys. I saw there wasn't too much development on the client, so I thought I would poke around with it. My first objective was to update the plugin to the new beta, so I went and compiled it for the latest orbiter api [from svn, 130101 or r20]. It seems to be working properly. I'm not going to publicly release the plugin, but I would be willing to give it privately with permission from the dev's (asmi, Glider).

I don't know too much programming, but I'm going to dive into some C++ & Direct3D tutorials and I'll see what I can do.

Dmitrtr

Reaction score

Rathelm

Reaction score
Looks good. Though I am missing the text in the MFDs. Any simple resolution to that?

Henry the Orbiter

Reaction score
Simulated DX11 Client Full Screen

I built a small program to simulate full screen function for the DX11 Client.
The window mode was bothering me for the otherwise beautiful Orbiter DX11 client, so I created a workaround until full screen support is added.
Current version is for use with --- D3D11Client version RC34.90, built Jun, 3 2012 --- only!

I with make a more universal program if full screen function is not added in future versions of the DX11 client, but this is just a temporary workaround at the moment.

Steps:
1. Double-click Orbiter DX11 Full Screen.exe
2. Read the prompt and click OK.
3. In the client window > Under Video Tab > Set Window Resolution to match your computers full screen resolution. [example. 1920 x 1080]
4. Launch a Scenario.
5. When it is *FULLY LOADED* press the "END" key on your keyboard to go to simulated full screen.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

Attachments

• Orbiter DX11 Full Screen.zip
    542.9 KB · Views: 70

Disconnect

Reaction score
where can i download 111105 orbiter? because everywhere it was now it isn't. In SVN the earliest version is from this year january.