Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I always heard it pronounced "Sss-THOO-loo". What is the correct pronunciation, though??

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
K-tuu-l-huu, obviously. At least, that's what it is in cyrillic versions.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
There's been many discussions on how to pronounce HPL's creatures. I think the prevailing thought is, that a human can't pronounce them correctly anyway.

But... sticking a device like that on your tongue? Hmm, I mean seriously, what could possibly go wrong?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I always heard it pronounced "Sss-THOO-loo". What is the correct pronunciation, though??

Cannon has it that it is not pronouncable by humans.
Word of god has it that the closest would be "Klooloo", with an explosive K. I take that to mean that swiss german derives from the tongue of the old ones... :lol:

Zandy12

Add-on Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A flexible mouthpiece containing 18 electrodes allows for bidirectional communication between the shield and the user’s (your) tongue. The shield can stimulate the tongue by sending electrical impulses to it or it can measure the electrical signals produced by the tongue. The shield in turn is plugged on an Arduino Mega.

This sounds very interesting. I'm sure in the future more complex tasting technology will require more electrodes or even heat to simulate various items on the internet. Maybe even throw in some Machine Learning to program various tastes including food. I definitely can see this beneficial in advertising.